What's new

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone got hold of this yet? I just read the IGN and Gamespot reviews, 9.9/10 and 9.6/10 respectively. The game sounds pretty spectacular.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Wish I had my old ps2...guess Ill have to settle for Halo 2 :frowning:

Decisions, decisions....this game looks really awesome too.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I haven't purchased a PS2 game since Vice City. :) Just haven't bothered to get rid of it, looks like i'll keep it around for GTA games.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
The reviews have been very good, however, I'll wait for the PC or Xbox version. Basically, the Gamespot and IGN reviews stated that the game is HUGE, spanning three large cities (San Fran, L.A., and Vegas) with countryside in-between. They said it's a very long game with tons of things to do in regards to the main storyline and side quests. The interactivity with the main character is said to be greater, as you have to keep CJ "in shape" by working out to maintain his performance during missions (in addition to being able to change hairstyles, tatoos, etc.). All in all, it sounds like an extension of what was accomplished with Vice City, but I'm putting much more priority on Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 (along with completing Doom III and KOTOR).

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I was planning to hold off on this purchase for now, only because I just picked up a slew of titles this past Sunday (thanks to TRU's B2G1F sale running this week); however, after reading IGN's and GameSpot's reviews, I may put everything else on hold in order to secure my copy ASAP. Hearing GNR's "Welcome To The Jungle" as the backdrop for the GTA:SA commercial kept me emotionally amped throughout yesterday's broadcast of WWE's "RAW"; strangely enough, viewing the HALO 2 commercial didn't do anything for me (ironically, HALO 2 is the one I have prepaid. Maybe I'm just mentally tapped out from all of the FPS on my PC and need something different in my gaming diet? )

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
So far it seems like more of the same with the hood backdrop. Language is raunchier but graphics haven't improved much at all, still the weakest link. The interactive part seems interesting but I hope it doesn't become an annoyance after a while. I could say more but I feel I have to play more to see why it was rated so high.

It's still fun and will be blast to play before Halo 2 & HL2.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait to play this. It looks darker than the other ones. I was watching tv last night and saw the commercial with Welcome to the Jungle in the bkgrnd and got all psyched up.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm definitely interested in this one, but I'm not buying a ps2 for it. I'll just wait for the inevitable Xbox version.

I'm guessing that the "interactivity" will work similar to the way it did in Fable. You can change your body type etc, you just have to really work at it...

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked mine up at best buy for $39.99 - they price matched micro center for me. can't wait to play it later today!

jim

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
does anybody know when this will be available for XBOX

Im dying over here.

Played Vice city for 3 hours last night for the hell of it.

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
no word on xbox.. probably another couple of months or so.. I think the pc version is due out 2nd quarter of 2005

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
This is the rumor I've heard of an Xbox release date. While I'd rather play it today March of 05 is good news. I'll just think of it as Rockstar doing me the favor of letting me hold on to my $50 for 7 months :)

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
I have just played it for a while.. not too bad - the place is huge!! tons of places to go - i am not sure if I like the whole eating / stamina thing.. maybe it will grow on me.. I have to admit it looks visually crapy on a 51" tv.. lol. I wish there was a progressive scan option.

jim

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

Hell, I'd say that's probably the earliest we'll see it. Since it took a lot longer than that to get GTA3/Vice onto the Xbox, it'll probably be a similar window for SA. Still, the Xbox only had a few months' head start on Splinter Cell, so it'd only be fair to share.

I'd expect that next summer is pretty likely, with an outside chance of next Christmas. I seem to remember that the PC version of Vice city was out in about that timeframe (early summer 03 after an october 02 release). There's enough other stuff to play in the meantime though, and for some reason I'm not as excited about this one as with GTA3 and Vice.

Bryan_O

Agent
I spent a couple of hours on it last night... It is a close re-visit to GTA3/Vice City. As Jim said, it is HUGE. I only did a handfull of missions, as I was trying to learn my way around town.

It is a little raunchier w/ the language, but I gotta admit I had a blast "bustin caps in the m-fers". So far, I've killed only about 250. I haven't found any crazy weapons yet. Will post more after a night's sleep... If I get any sleep this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks