What's new

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Man, I ran into the "I can't beat Supply Lines" problem. Amazingly within my first few attempts I nearly made it back, so at that point I figured I just needed to tweek my effort. Since then it has become harder and harder.

Anyone have any luck on this one? I've checked plenty of online hint sites but nothing I try works. It's a side mission but still I'd like to finish it.

I also have a heck of a time finding my girlfriends home in San Fiero.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I haven't played with another human player yet, but I plugged in a second controller and played around with the two-player option. I love that they didn't go "split-screen" on this (I hate, hate, hate split-screen multiplayer) ... instead, I went around wreaking havoc for a while (fumbling with both controllers myself), then went to the Las Venturas airport, got us both in a plane, flew to Los Santos and had only ONE player bail out over the city. Unfortunately, both players can't be separated, so the jumper pulled down the whole plane (and thus, the other player) with him to the ground... it was pretty spectacular. :)

Great game. I had to take a break, though -- it was just taking up way too much of my time.

I'm very glad Xboxers will get to play this now. Share the wealth, and all that...

~s

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting this thread since the Xbox version is out next week. Still on the fence about it though-has anyone got any final impressions on it? I really enjoyed the gameplay in GTA3 and vice, but I'm not sure about SA. There are all these peripheral gameplay modes, but how much of this do you actually NEED to do? I like side quests and everything, but I also like being able to advance the game every now and then.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually though-just maybe not next week. Too many other games on deck right now...

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I LOVE San Andreas. Favourite of the series. The connections, the extensions on the gameplay, the vehicles, the HUGE scope of the game.. the aerial gameplay, gang wars. Man... It's probably in my top 10 all time in terms of sheer fun and playability.

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
SA is so much better than 3 and VC. I got it for PS2 and am considering it for PC as well. Its awesome.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I havent played it yet, but Ive been lookin forward to the XBox version for some time now...

What a way to start the summer!!!

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
After being through GTA3 and Vice City (PS2), SA feels a lot the same to me. The missions are longer and more involved with multiple parts so when you mess up you have to play through the first few parts again - I hate that. There is way more stuff to do through, the map is huge and there are many clever diversions (keeping fit, dating, holding turf, etc). I didn't finish SA though and I doubt I'll go back to it. GTA3 is still my favorite. It was fresh and raw and totally twisted.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
GTA3 was great, which is why Im really lookin forward to GTA: Liberty City Stories for PSP. But I cant wait to sink into SA...

Kenneth English

Second Unit
I am just about peeing my pants in anticipation of this game! :b I'm playing through Vice City again (not exactly by choice -- my original Xbox and all my games were stolen when I was about 3/4 of the way through) and if San Andreas is even close to being as much sheer lunatic fun as it and GTAIII, then I will be one happy player!

Five times as big as Vice City?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm plotzing -- PLOTZING, I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

David Galindo

Screenwriter
"my original Xbox and all my games were stolen when I was about 3/4 of the way through"

Man, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that. :frowning:

Funny thing is, Im not too excited about the main missions...Im more excited about exploring, robbing, going on dates, side quests...

MAN, Tuesday cant come soon enough!!!

Kenneth English

Second Unit

Same here. While I do eventually get around to the missions, my main interest in these games is just "living" in the virtual world they create. I've seen the GTA games described as a "digital sandbox" and that's about as accurate a label as I can think of. It's not so much a game as it is an experience. It's just such a gas being able to literally do almost anything you can think of -- you're only limited by your imagination and the amount of time you're willing to invest. Every time I turn on one of these games I feel like a little kid with the world's most expensive/expansive action-figure set, giggling with insane glee.

Geeking out...
Must...
Stop... :D

David Galindo

Screenwriter

I remember way back, there was a game called Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the NES. It was like an RPG, and you could drive around in your car in a city that was pretty huge, with lots of country roads (top down view). There wasnt any traffic or pedestrians, but I remember crusin around for hours and just enjoying the sights.

Some things never change, I guess. :D

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i feel the same way. i love all the gta games for this reason, even though i enjoy the missions too. but if i want to see how many people i can kill before getting killed by the fbi, i do it. if i want to see how many cars i can get to explode on the highway in a crash i create, i do that. if i want to jump off a 300 foot cliff on nothing but a bmx bike, i do it!

the map looks the same as the ps2 version. and it's HUGE.

CJ

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
For those contemplating a purchase of the Xbox or PC version later this week: you may want to hold off till next weekend. Rumour has it that an established retailer will have both versions on sale for $29.99 (to protect this website, I will not publicly divulge the name; if you want to know, you know where I am ;) )

Kami

Screenwriter
I might get this for PC if I can pull myself away from world of warcraft long enough.

WoW has also made me not touch my xbox for months, so we'll see.

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Ive waited too damn long to wait another week. :D

Thanks for the heads up though, I heard this rumor too, though I thought it was fake...

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
$30 huh? Yep, I'm buying it again for PC. I need my better graphics. I hate squinting for PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks