Gord, David, Anyone? "Seven Days" ??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rick P, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

I've had this in the Tivo for a while and had forgotten how much I liked this show, good characters,
    intersting stories and Justina Vail [​IMG] (see episode "Olga's Excellent Vacation" if you don't believe that's a major plus
    [​IMG]

3 seasons and a Paramount product I believe... anyone else think this could be a good SciFi release (for a reasonable price point).

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Rick,

I am with you. I have been recording this show on dvd off of Spike tv. But, I still will by this if Paramount releases it.

3. Gordon St Pierre

Gordon St Pierre Stunt Coordinator

I'd love to get this show on DVD also.....If Im not mistaken Cameron Crowe was the creater of this show ....Its a perfect candidate for DVD release IMO

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Christopher Crowe created the show....you were close [​IMG]

Paramount owns it and it seems like they're focusing on a lot of their comedies these days.

Gord

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Paramount owns a lot of these shows that aired on UPN. Special Unit 2, Nowhere Man for example. I would love for Paramount to do what Fox is planning to do. Release some of their shorter run shows, like Space:Above & Beyond and Harsh Realm.

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I would love to get 7 Days on DVD. I thought it was their best Star Trek companion show.

7. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Well Gord, start a fresh lobbying effort! Given the success of having short run scifi/geek oriented shows that are hitting in on box set (Firefly, Dilbert, The Critic, The Tick, et.al.) and the impending 'end' of Paramount SciFi shows (the release of TOS dosen't count IMHO), we need to convince Paramount that they are sitting on a nice little cash cow in both Seven Days and the other "Short Run Wonders" of SciFi(-ish) shows..

Seven Days, three seasons @ $49.99 (street $39.99), spaced about 2 months apart..

Special Unit 2 (2 seasons, but only 19 eps)
    Nowhere Man
    Harsh Realm
    Space: Above and Beyond
    Legend (Richard Dean Anderson and John De Lancie? how could people resist)

all in 'complete series' box sets (even 'bare bones' sets) and stagger them out about every 5 weeks @49.99 (street $39.99) and by the Fall shopping season, they would have 8 box sets that would see sci-fi lovers and geeks in general scooping them up for ho-ho-happiness....

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Rick,

We can only wish. Paramount could do a line of dvd releases under a special banner.