What's new

Good musical sub plans? (1 Viewer)

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to build a subwoofer that would be used for music mostly, perhaps 80% of the time in a medium sized room. I looked at several plans and I was not sure which would be best for sub's used for movies, or music (which from what I hear is more difficult to make sound good).

My goal is a good music sub UNDER $400 and have no size limitations.

My equipment thus far (if this helps make any decisions):
Harman Kardon AVR 235 (65 watts RMS in stereo)
Athena F2.2 (Dual 8" woofers, 20-100 watts RMS, freq rep down to 35 hz)

Thanks for your time,
Andrew

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew,
There is a servo kit you could get from rythmikaudio.com. I haven't personally heard it but if you look/search over at HTguide.com you should come up with a couple of people you could contact.
I have built a sealed 15" using a parts express Quattro 15" and a rythmikaudio basic 250 amp. I liked it for music and movies both. My room was roughly 12' X 14'.The cost of the quattro was around 250-300.00.There is also the new RS subs from parts express there are some guys over at HTguide that have built sealed ones also. You could look at zaphaudio.com for a example of one. It is in the archive section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks