What's new

Glee - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just read that a little while ago. Very surprising this big show of confidence for the show whose ratings have been slipping for the past two years.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Ratings are half of what it was at its peak. But everyone's ratings are down, so it's doing well relative to the competition, especially in the demo. They also make money off of the music. So the show is too profitable to kill off, no matter how bad it's getting. At this point, my wife isn't even that enthusiastic about watching anymore.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm wondering if Fox will move it back to Tuesday nights next season. Their experiment with a two hour block of four comedies on Tuesday did not produce stellar results this season.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am in the camp with moving it down my must watch list. And if I miss an episode I don't get upset like I used to. I am glad they got picked up for two more seasons though as itis still one of the better shows on the air. 6

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the last four episodes, clear back to the "Movie" episode and it seems to be getting its groove back a bit. Loved the Top Gun/Risky Business mix by the guys, very energetic and well done. The girls songs, okay.

The Becky shooting episode was terrible, hopefully they're not done with that, she'll confess, the truth will come out and Sue will be back. As people have mentioned, Becky didn't learn a thing from that and Sue handled it poorly covering up for her.

Nice that Rachel finally saw the truth in her boy whore and dumped him. I used to not really care for Santana, but her brutal honesty is kind of refreshing.

With a two season renewal, maybe they can write in some longer story arcs and know they'll be able to follow through with them.

Not a perfect show but enjoyable, certainly the musical numbers, they rarely go wrong.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Well it's on to the Nationals set in LA this year. You can tell Ryan Murphy grew up here in the Indianapolis area by the constant references to school names and such. My favorite line from last week's show which pegs the weather obsessed Hossiers to a tee:

Indy has declined to host the regionals due to the threat of possible tornados!

I just about fell out of my chair hearing that.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was completely disenchanted with the season finale. The competitions between the schools used to be exciting with the outcomes really in doubt. Now they aren't (didn't care for any of the music this time out). With this likely Heather Morris' last hurrah (she's not coming back next season as I understand; I believe she's pregnant in real life), a Brittney-centered season finale was really limp, and none of the soapy storylines with Ryder and Blaine were done with much pizzazz. Nice to see Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter, but they didn't get to do much either.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Matt Hough said:
I was completely disenchanted with the season finale. The competitions between the schools used to be exciting with the outcomes really in doubt. Now they aren't (didn't care for any of the music this time out). With this likely Heather Morris' last hurrah (she's not coming back next season as I understand; I believe she's pregnant in real life), a Brittney-centered season finale was really limp, and none of the soapy storylines with Ryder and Blaine were done with much pizzazz. Nice to see Patty Duke and Meredith Baxter, but they didn't get to do much either.
Wow! I had no idea this was the finale. I assumed the Nationals compition would be the finale like other years. Now the Britanny and that other guy's story line makes sense. Both leaving before they get to the Nationals.

At least they don't have to worry about the Tornados in Indy. We have very scary weather here. I remember a few years ago it was announced that the NWS had removed Indiana from "Tornado Alley". They had a fit here and the Governer intervened and got us added back in. Not the original "Tornado Alley", but a special Indiana one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks