What's new

Gilmore Girls fans (1 Viewer)

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
GG was my absolute favorite show for five years...but sadly, S6 sucked! Just my opinion, of course. But I won't be buying the S6 DVDs.

John*P

Second Unit

Meh, you can tell this is an old post...Season 4 is gold compared to the abysmal Season 6 that recently finished airing. LeonaB pretty much summed up how many fans of the series feel.

I will, however, still buy Season 6 on DVD, along with all future sets that will be released. I still love the show, but, man, this past year was when devoted fans of the show actually dreaded tuning in each week; the quality had seemingly dropped that much.

I wonder if Jay_B! ever got into the show?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm a completist so I will get S6 , which I didn't mind until the last few episodes. My completism has some exceptions though. For example I have no interest in getting S2 of Desperate Housewives, though I still watch the show regularly.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I did not really get into the show until the 5th season was airing on the WB. Before that, I only watched during a commercial break of another show, mainly because of LG. :)

When I tried to jump into the show during the first run episodes of the 5th season, I had no idea what was going on, and as a result, I did not like it at all. But I later decided to give the show another chance by renting the 1st season DVDs and start from the beginning, I really enjoyed the show. I just finished watching the 3rd season.

Probably my favorite scene was when Luke pushed Jess into the lake.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit

I was going to start a new thread but seeing as the packaging has been brought up previously...
I am a recent-ish convert to the church of Gilmore and picked up seasons 1 and 2. Both are the thicker packaging (with 3 double sided 'pages' in the 'book'). My question about the packaging is this:
My season 1 set has completely clear 'pages' but the season 2 set has additional printed sheets sandwiched between the 'pages' (that continue the artwork from each disc onto the background - hope this makes sense to everyone)! Were both sets always as I describe or is season 1 suppossed to also have the additional artwork between the 'page' layers as well?

I know this is completely inconsequential but I am curious! :D
Thanks if anyone can tell me!

Really enjoying the show too! :emoji_thumbsup:

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Gilmore Girls is a fantastic show! My advice to Jay & anybody else considering purchasing this... Do it! The show is simply amazing. I just got into it a few days ago & I am already on episode 17 of season 1. I love it... I am addicted to it. The characters in this show are great. From the main ones to the supporting ones. The acting & writing is also top notch. Count me in as the newest Gilmore junkie.:)

Highly recommended!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member

You got a lucky set then because my First Season had the artwork sandwiched between the pages. Seasons 2-5 were not. The same for Smallville. My Seasons 1 & 4 have the art insert between the pages. I don't think Warner Brothers can make up their mind.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Oh right, cheers Mark! Very odd! So it would seem that there really should be artwork behind the discs! That said, I actually prefer it without really.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I recently got into this show because my best friend told me so much about it and she's a really big fan, so I gave season one a shot.

That was 2 months ago.

I have since watched the first 5 seasons on dvd thanks to her lending them to me, I still don't know where I got the strength to watch 5 seasons of a show in a month and a half, but I did it. :emoji_thumbsup: Season 2 holds the record for how quickly I got through an entire season...it took me less than 36hrs. :)

But, when a show is this good, it was easy and a pleasure, I liked all the seasons equally and i'm really looking foreward to season 6 and then catching the new season on the CW. :emoji_thumbsup:

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I finished season 1 today & I am now even more in love with this show. I just picked up seasons 2-5! If there are any Canadians here, I found them for $35.99 each at Costco. That is a pretty good discount...

Can't wait to watch 2-5 now!

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I finally added Season 3 to my collection because it was only $19 at Fry's Electronics. I really like this show a lot. I just wish the DVDs were widescreen because I remember watching the HD broadcasts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The show isn't shot for 16 x 9 AR, it's shot for 4 x 3. There's just a bunch of empty space on the sides when you see the 16 x 9 versions. Just like the R2 DVDs of Buffy or The Shield that are the incorrect aspect ratio.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Yes, she certainly is, Juan! Alexis Bleidel is average-looking, which is why she's wrong in the role of Lauren's daughter in that show. They don't look like they're related at all! I don't watch Gilmore Girls though and I could never get into that show any more than Golden Girls.

But I really like Ms. Graham. By the way, has she been nude in any movies?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I disagree that Alexis is wrong for Rory, she's perfect IMO, you have to remember that she is the offspring of both Loralai AND Christopher, Rory has certain traits that apply to both of her parents.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
And typically offspring tend to take get looks from their mothers rather than their fathers. Well, I might not watch this show but judging by your username I'll guess that you and I are both fans of Sledge Hammer! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks