What's new

Gilmore Girls fans (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was thoroughly perplexed, until I realized you meant Lauren Graham. Of course I don't blame you for having Heather on the brain. :)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I've been addicted for a couple of years now myself. I love the show so much that I parcel the show out slowly. So while I own through season 4, I have only watched through season 2. Also to those who don't like the theme song (see: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/siterevi...ReleaseID=4918), you have got to be crazy. It is one of the best themes on TV, and yes Lauren Graham is very hot in those jean cut-offs.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wasn't a big fan of the theme song when it first came out, but it's grown on me after five years! :)

That reviewer's comments about women questioning whether he actually watches the show is funny.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh yes, Season 5 will be out in December, so we collectors will be pretty much caught up to this season.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I've been stuck on Gilmore Girls and I'm nearly through watching the second season. Two more seasons to sit through and watch. By the time I get through Season 3 and 4 Season 5 should be out by then.:D

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I have been considering blind buying Gilmore Girls as well as Smallville, Charmed, Alias, & Sex And The City. Some of my favourite shows are Friends, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Seinfeld, The King Of Queens, Angel, Everybody Loves Raymond, Lost, Desperate Housewives, ALF, and That '70s Show. Would you recommend Gilmore GirlsG for me? Also which other shows that I am considering would you guys recommend?

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

That reviewer would be Gord Lacey, owner of tvshowsondvd.com. He is also a member here at HTF.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I can't understand what Gord has against "Where You Lead", one of the absolute classic Carole King songs from her first album, Tapestry*. I'll admit I don't like the version used in the credits as much as the original, but what the heck. The brief excerpt from the song them use is perky and upbeat and mostly Carole singing. (The gimmick of the cover version is that King is singing with her own daughter, Louise Goffin, whose father is King's former songwriting partner and husband.)

Regards,

Joe

* One of the best-selling popular music records of all time. It was continuously in the Billboard Top 100 for something like 15 years, and in the Top 50 or better for most of that time. Tapestry is one of the few albums of the 60s and 70s that doesn't have a single bad track (although the title cut, wisely placed in the last slot, doesn't bear up as well to repeated listenings as the rest of the album.) Born to Run and Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark are two other singer-songwriter discs that are just about as close to perfect as anyone can ask in terms, of music, lyrics, production, and performance. If Gilmore Girls is your only exposure to King, you really should check out Tapestry. It may be older than Lorelai, but it holds up prety well. ;)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I loved the song after watching 30 episodes the song has gotten a bit irritating. Listening to that song 30 times in a 36 hours period, it really becomes annoying, like listening to someone scratch their nails across a chalkboard.:D

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
I think there are a lot of closeted male GG fans out there. This show has always been very smart and funny and clever and witty, and the writing is always top notch. And Lauren Graham always brings her A-game. (Shame on you, Emmy voters.)

I personally think it's a little *too* over the top sometimes, because really, everyone in town talks a mile a minute and makes hip pop culture references, but it's still a lot of fun. I also think Alexis Bledel is a weak link acting-wise, because she really can't keep up with Lauren Graham or many of the supporting actors. She mumbles.

But other than that, you can't really go wrong with this show because it's always entertaining and frequently makes me laugh out loud. Which I can't say about 90% of the so-called "comedies" on TV right now.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Yeah, but that will happen to any song, and pretty much any main title sequence (especially when you watch episodes back-to-back-to-back) which is why I'm glad that WB makes them "skippable". I don't think there is an inherent problem with the song itself, and every so often I will let the full credits play through. (OK, that's mostly for Lauren in shorts, but the point is I do let them play through and that necessarily includes the music, so that counts.)

Regards,

Joe

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

I started watching the show *because* of Alexis Bledel's character. I was channel surfing one afternoon and came across this incredibly cute girl who loved reading (the scene in S1 where she is reading while waiting in line to buy some tickets), and was hooked. In fact, Gilmore Girls is the *only* current show I follow.

Oh, and Lauren Graham is hot as hell!! :D

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Joe, now how in the world do you make them skippable because. Because I use the Play All feature and it doesn't do that.

I think by the end of Season 3 I'm going to be sick of that song :P While it's a cool song, listening to it with every epuisode is a little neurotiuc.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Mark:

Now you've caused me to notice an odd quirk with the way the chapter stops work on these discs. The teaser and main titles are treated as a unit. So technically you the credits are not their own chapter. You can't hit the "chapter advance" button on your remote, and jump to the credits, then hit it again and jump to act one. But you can hit the button at any point during the teaster/credits and jump to the top of act one. So if you just hit the button as soon as the screen fades to black at the end of the teaser or the first note of the song plays, you'll have skipped the credits.

Are you watching this on a stand-alone DVD player or a computer? I've noticed some software DVD players do odd things with discs features. The version of PowerDVD that came with my Dell laptop doesn't make the closed-captioning available on the first couple of seasons of CSI, the menu option is greyed out. But Cineplayer does. Strange.

Anyway, I don't use "Play All" because that would screw up my "catch up to the current season" master plan. I'm currently on S4. I watch one episode a day, Monday through Friday, in sync with the reruns on ABC Family. I'm hoping they now have the rights to S5, so I can continue getting my daily Gilmore fix in the gap between the end of S4 in the reruns and the releae of S5 on DVD. In the meantime I'm also TiVoing the new season 6 episodes and transferring them to my hard drive with TiVo2Go. Once I'm done with season 5 I can go right into season six and catch up to the then-current episode in a few days. :)

Regards,

Joe

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Just netflixed this show and I must say I am so absolutely impressed. I just love this show. Great writing. Great cast. I am looking forward to season 2..... yes I am that far behind! LOL!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
My introduction to this show was through the DVD's that were released. I don't have time to watch television as I work the graveyard shift so everything I watch is on DVD.

When Target had the first two seasons on sale for $18.88 I had picked up both seasons and ended up getting season 3 and season 4 for $29.99 through a substitution they did on an item that was sold out. Then I ended up paying full price for Season 5 and it's one of my favourite shows right up there with Grey's Anatomy and Lost.

I haven't seen any of the Season 6 episodes as of yet and I'm looking forward to seeing where the new epsiodes went.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks