What's new

Gilmore Girls - 5/18/04 - Raincoats and Recipes (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Maybe we should start sharing what kind of sound system we were using when we watched the episode :). It's interesting to me that a group of people who I assume have a better than average sets of ears are having trouble distinguishing vocal characteristics.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

During Friday night dinner near the beginning of the episode. Lorelai got freaked out over the offer, but Rory didn't count the offer out by the end of the scene. It was right before Lorelai insisted her parent come to the opening of the Dragonfly.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yes the backpacking eurotrip was last summer.

I checked the captions and they were no help. There are no captions between Rory saying, "I hate that you're ruining this for me!" and her starting to cry, which gets a "[sobbing]" caption.

That just proves it was Lindsay :)

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Emily made a strong point that Rory should "see Europe right." Another small dig at Lorelai, I'd say.

I also figured that Rory dialed Dean on his cell phone and got Lindsey instead. Maybe the phone was left at home and she picked it up causing Rory to break down. I cannot fathom why she would call Emily at that moment nor why she would have that reaction if calling Lane.

Oh, and please, good riddens to Digger. I've not understood their relationship all year.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Agreed, although it was never that Digger was annoying or just plain wrong, he just had no spark, and certainly no chemistry with Lorelai. Not the way Max did or Luke does.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Digger's competitive streak really came out in the last ep. I think at some point it will be just a matter of winning for him, which ultimately means he will lose. I won't miss him. Not a bad guy, just not the right one.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I thought Rory was a bit creepy this year. It started off this year seeming that she was going to begin to date a bit, after all she is in College now, and thye gave her a couple of mild flirtations (naked guy, laundry guy) and then back to the Old High School Boys? Her behavior was fairly erratic and I did not like how they wrote her character this year, and the ending with Dean was truly dreadful.

But that being said, I did like how they ended it with her crying after Lyndsey answered the phone and realizing what has she done. I expect them to have her finally move on from Dean next year and Jess and finally grow up emotionally. Dean's character took a major hit this year and should now be considered a loser.

Loralai was hard on her, but Rory needed a good does of reality, Loralai gave her a sasoned woman's version of what transpired and Rory was still dealing with emotional issues like a teenage girl. Loralai expected more, but Rory has not been flying long from the nest alone and especially romatnically. I hope they finally allow her to graduate to college and explore a meaningful realtionship there.

Loralai on the other hand was the true star this year, she has grown and her character has finally been fully fleshed out. What once was a Rosalind Russell paradoy of a character has now grown into a complete package. Lauren Graham has never looked better, and they finally have got Luke and Lorelai together. I think the producers finally realize that the show is now on a short leash and there are no guarantees at renwal for after next season, so its time to spice it up a bit.. for GG anyway.

A really good season ender, and I thought the season was a really good. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I actually liked that. Rory had it easy. Dean pursued her pretty hard, and then Jess did as well. She never had to deal with the real dating world, and most importantly she never had to deal with rejection. When laundry room guy rejected her, it destroyed the confidence of a girl who last had two guys fighting over her.

It also was a way to convey that kids, in their first year of college, often freak out and try to return home. This was just an aspect of that idea. Instead of being literal, she retreated to the comfort of former relationships.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Great, great episode. Didn't catch the whole season but this one was a great capper. I like the fact that the ending wasn't easy, something kind of rare for Gilmore Girls. There was a certain amount of truth to it.

Totally agreed. I applaud everytime her credit comes up in the opening titles. Kelly Bishop is probably the greatest actress on the show and Emily Gilmore is by far my favorite character of the show. She just has this brash kind of flamboyant quality about her and also this very proper, classy thing. I was watching the 1st season and I bust out laughing at:

Now, what about music? N'sync or 98 degrees?

I don't know if that was intended to me funny but man it was to me. Other gems from Season 4:

She has a new convertible that looks JUST LIKE BARBIE'S.

I don't know. What do you think Pennilyn Lott would do? You think she'd set it up in the dining room? Because personally, I think we should just toss some cheese cubes in the coffin, stuff some toothpicks in her mouth, and let the people go to town

Richard, I need a gimlet!

All of these had me laughing out loud. It's been a great season. I only tuned in on occasion (That's going to change next year) and I could always find myself enjoying where ever I picked up. Here's hoping to a great fifth season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks