What's new

Giant Release Schedule? (1 Viewer)

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Any word on Giant being released for R1? I know it was out already in Canada for awhile and probably is unavailable now from any source. I remember some what appeared credible speculation about the end of this year. I believe it is a Warner title. Since no word has been heard of late is '03 more likely now?

Joel

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
There was an announcement a month or two back (complete with cover art) that Warner was soon to release this title as an SE. Then it disappeared and nobody knows what's going on with it.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Rain, I thought things have gone suddenly quite after some intention for the SE. I assume the SE would be similar to what was available in Canada. If not, that may explain some of the delays (efforts to collect additional material...).

Maybe this can be brought up again on the next Warner chat...

Joel

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I assume the SE would be similar to what was available in Canada.
Not a chance.

Given the quality of Warner's releases these days, there's no way they would reissue that crappy transfer.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Pure speculation here, but perhaps they are saving the release for their new "Two Disc Special Edition" collection next year?
--
Paul Arnette

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Paul, it was already supposed to be a double-disc set, released at the same time as the new sets for Unforgiven, Singin' In The Rain, True Romance, Amadeus, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. I was the one who reported that it suddenly disappeared from Warner's list of release titles. There has been nothing new since then; I've checked as recently as the other day!

As for this:
Maybe this can be brought up again on the next Warner chat...
Without getting into it here (there has been PLENTY of discussion in the HTF Feedback section; do a search in that area on the word "chat"), Ron and Packy have discontinued the chats for the forseeable future. Just so you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks