What's new

Getting New receiver. Need Help!! (1 Viewer)

castruba

Auditioning
Real Name
Blake
Hello, This is my first post. I am looking for a receiver to replace a Bose 321. I have bought the speakers already. I have Cerwin Veaga VE-5M book shelf speakers with a Velodyne dps-12. So this will start out as a 2.1 system and will be upgraded in the future. My TV is a 57’’ Ultravision CRT 1080i with only component inputs. I will also have a Blu-Ray player Bdps-350. My room size is about 15x20 with standard ceiling height. I love to watch movies and listen to music. My price limit is for the receiver is $350. I have three receivers in mind, the Marantz sr4002 for $339, the Denon Avr- 1508 $220 and The Harman Kardon Avr-154 $254. I want a receiver that will at least fill the room as well or better than the 321. This is supposed to be an upgrade. I would not prefer Sony, Pioneer, or even Yamaha or Onkyo. I know they make good receivers, but I’ve been biased towards these companies for a long time. Other recommendations are welcome.
Thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Of those three it would be Marantz for me without blinking. In case you didn't know, AC4L.com also has the 5002 as a factory refurb for $299.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Not sure why you have a bias against Onkyo, but it is worth looking at the 606. Excellent features, power, and in your price range.

castruba

Auditioning
Real Name
Blake
I love Onkyo, and used to sell them at circuit city. I Just had my heart set on one of the three i listed, but i will take a look at the 606, thanks.

castruba

Auditioning
Real Name
Blake
Would marantz's warranty cover the 5002 bought from AC4L.com. If so that's a great deal. Thanks

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Ac4l is an authorized Marantz dealer so the warranty would be covered by Marantz. Ac4l also offers extended warranties thru a third party for a reasonable cost.

castruba

Auditioning
Real Name
Blake
Wow that's awesome, thanks so much i'm leaning toward the 5002 heavily. Thanks very very much.

castruba

Auditioning
Real Name
Blake
the s350 is a blu-ray player and not a receiver. I trust sony with blu-ray as they pioneered it. Receivers on the other hand i would like to leave up to more reputable companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks