What's new

Getting frustrated with setup (1 Viewer)

ChampN252

Agent
Real Name
Roland
So I finally got to setup my surround. I've been told since I get digital channels, I can use the digital audio out to just run sound to my receiver. The digital cable glows red on one so I assume that's working. Is it like always on or what? I don't really see a setting on the tv to switch to digital out. My receiver is the denon avr-1513. My tv is LE42S704.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Uuhhh...hhhmmm.Start from scratch.How do you get your channels? STB or ATSC,What sound mode are you using?What other sources do you have? How connected?

ChampN252

Agent
Real Name
Roland

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Now we might get somewhere...

It sounds like you haven't assigned the optical input on the Denon. You need to go in set-up and "attach" the optical to Cable/Sat.

Makes no difference(been ages since I looked at the rear panel of that AVR to see its labeling, but however it is marked is irrelevant anyway) if the optical says cable/sat or not. You still have to assign it.

And yes, that MP cable is the correct one. (toslink stands for Toshiba Link. It is their take on the SPDIF protocol. The "other" being digital coax)

ChampN252

Agent
Real Name
Roland
I play around with some things and it finally started worked. I'll loving it now. I guess it wasn't assigned. Gotta do some cable management now

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks