What's new

George Bush topples Segway (1 Viewer)

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
The MSNBC article on this stated that he toppled it, landed on his feet by jumping over the machine, and then got back on and rode off without further incident.

Matt

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I had the opportunity to ride a Segway last year. I can tell you the first 1 minute on a Segway is the learning curve. You fight the machine, not trusting it, causing some interesting jerking back and forth. Once you learn to trust it, it's very cool and easy to use.

President Bush should have had someone instructing him from the start. I have seen the other pictures of him and former President Bush riding them side by side. I guess they liked them.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'd read that Bush had ridden one (briefly) once before and was shown how to use by the inventor, I'm not sure how accurate that is however.

I guess those things aren't fool-proof after all.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Okay I think this thread should be locked before it gets too hot. Yes our President fell off a Segway, ha ha ha. Let's just leave it at that before this gets to politically oriented.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay I think this thread should be locked before it gets too hot. Yes our President fell off a Segway, ha ha ha. Let's just leave it at that before this gets to politically oriented.
So far this thread has not even come close to violating forum rules.

I'll say the fact that he didn't take a header shows that he is fairly coordinated, but man some people should not wear shorts. Those legs are so white and scrawny I may have nightmares tonight.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You'll have to forgive Mr. Porter. For some reason, he's a bit sensitive about Bush-centric humor. ;)

If threads are going to start being closed because of potential rules violations that may possibly occur at some time in the future, we may as well shut the whole forum down right now.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
It looks like something my "technologically-challenged" (read: dealing with anything made within the last 10 years) dad would do. ;)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Actually, the President looks pretty good for a guy his age, going through the stress he has been through (the Presidency sure seems to age men quick. President Clinton sure aged while in office, and he didn't have the war and the terrorist attack to deal with, although I'm sure he had his own stresses). President Bush looks like he has the body of a runner. And, true, he didn't fall down. He maintained his footing. Way to go, Mr. President.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Okay okay. I'm sorry guys. I'm being too touchy/sensitive/melodramatic and I was probably out of line. Anyway, sorry.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Kevin, you're not out of line at all. I find it ironic at best that any threads with any mention of the war in Iraq, no matter how benign (right down to the "Pray for our troops" threads) were locked without mercy, but it's okay to post politically motivated mockings of the president as long as they're done in a roundabout fashion.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
it's okay to post politically motivated mockings of the president as long as they're done in a roundabout fashion
just as that shot you just took was directed at the moderators in a roundabout fashion? what you have to remember is, the man DID fall off the segway, we didnt make it up. do you honestly think that we would leave this alone if it were someone else who fell off? any celebrity would be getting made fun of, it just happens that this well known man is our president, and that the rumor is that he is 'dumb'. i'm glad he isnt hurt, but i think its funny he fell off. just as i think it would be funny if you fell off. just as you think it would be funny if i fell off. it has nothing to do with who fell off.

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
President Bush looks like he has the body of a runner. And, true, he didn't fall down. He maintained his footing
how old is he? i dont see him on the news running much, although he looks like he does run. i would imagine most people would decaffeinate themselves falling over one of those things.

CJ

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
hehe, i always thought this was a funny way to say decapitate...i heard a buddy of mine say it a few years ago, and everytime i say it, people start to say "wait dont you mean...oh.." funny like a clown.

CJ

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
just as that shot you just took was directed at the moderators in a roundabout fashion? what you have to remember is, the man DID fall off the segway, we didnt make it up.
The moderation, in general, is fine and very consistent.. but this thread is quite an exception.

Read all of these comments from the thread and tell me this doesn't sound like a political bashing party.

I thought any moron was supposed to be able to use the Segway.

"You have to be THIS stupid to fall on a Segway HT"

I think the Segway is afriad of its only natural predator, the oilman.

I guess those things aren't fool-proof after all.

Somewhere, Gerald Ford is smiling.

Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks