What's new

Fugitive comes to DVD in a 33 disc set on Nov. 1st 2011 (4 Viewers)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
stevelecher said:
You are right Jimmyjet. Man, you need to get this set and revisit these episodes if it's been that long since you've seen this. A bunch of us are sort of nitpicking about certain things in the series, but I can't tell you how much entertainment and joy I've received these last few years rewatching, a number of times, this great, great series. And now to have it in virtual perfect, NOB quality, is almost a dream come true.
rlx0d0.jpg
Can't go wrong with this show.

Quiz time....about 1 second needed to get this one :D

Pic is from episode :

A) Search in a Windy City
B) Never Wave Goodbye
C) Never Stop Running
D) The Girl From Little Egypt

1zfafp.jpg

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
boy, she did play parts in a lot of different shows.

i only saw peyton place as a show in which she had a long, recurring character.

she died kinda young.

Jim Pattison

Stunt Coordinator
jimmyjet said:
i do plan to get it. i have so much stuff to view, that i am gonna wait until i can buy a set from amazon without having to go thru the extra hassle of exchanging disks.
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I picked up a copy of the set a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free number on the 15th, and was only on the phone for a few minutes. The five replacement discs arrived in my mailbox 10 days later (I'm in Canada). I'd been on the fence about buying this, but the hassle really was minimal, and now I've got a complete, correct copy of the series, without having to worry about when or if it'll be available through amazon or anywhere else.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
jimmyjet said:
boy, she did play parts in a lot of different shows.

i only saw peyton place as a show in which she had a long, recurring character.

she died kinda young.
She passed away, cancer, in 1990. Short life but fruitful artistic contributions.

2i252b.jpg

Jim Pattison said:
Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I picked up a copy of the set a couple of weeks ago. I called the toll free number on the 15th, and was only on the phone for a few minutes. The five replacement discs arrived in my mailbox 10 days later (I'm in Canada). I'd been on the fence about buying this, but the hassle really was minimal, and now I've got a complete, correct copy of the series, without having to worry about when or if it'll be available through amazon or anywhere else.
33duv5l.jpg
You'll enjoy this dvd set.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Jeff Willis said:
She passed away, cancer, in 1990. Short life but fruitful artistic contributions.

2i252b.jpg

Good pic and post, Jeff! I concur.

Gary "I'll have to start watching this series from the beginning again real soon" O.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Jim Pattison said:
I so agree with you. I would order now to make sure the replacement discs are available if needed. It's no big deal getting them.Jeff, Never Wave Goodbye is so outstanding. What part of Act III do you like so much? When Kimble is enjoying a relaxing moment sailing with his lovely girlfriend? Just the whole act? Act IV is certainly exciting.A couple of scenes I like very much from Season one: In Bloodline, when Kimle is talking to Max Bodin. He's almost wistful as he talks about how he thought he would be working with his father, but it didn't work out. Then he says that he talks too much. A very nice scene. In Nightmare At Northoak, Janssen is at his best in the scene where he virtually pleads with Mrs. Springer for his life when she figures out who he is. Really though, he's outstanding throughout the whole fabulous episode. Oh yeah, what about the whole scene in the cabin between Kimble and Sister Veronica in Part I of Angels Travel On Lonely Roads? What great writing and acting.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
yea, she has a pretty face.

while i do not have real specific memories, the 2 parter with the nun in the jalopy is one of the ones that most come to mind.

everytime kimble gets something done, it confirms in the sister's mind that divine intervention was being used.

the interplay between the 2 is really cute.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
stevelecher said:
I so agree with you. I would order now to make sure the replacement discs are available if needed. It's no big deal getting them.

Jeff, Never Wave Goodbye is so outstanding. What part of Act III do you like so much? When Kimble is enjoying a relaxing moment sailing with his lovely girlfriend? Just the whole act? Act IV is certainly exciting.

A couple of scenes I like very much from Season one:
In Bloodline, when Kimle is talking to Max Bodin. He's almost wistful as he talks about how he thought he would be working with his father, but it didn't work out. Then he says that he talks too much. A very nice scene.
In Nightmare At Northoak, Janssen is at his best in the scene where he virtually pleads with Mrs. Springer for his life when she figures out who he is. Really though, he's outstanding throughout the whole fabulous episode.
Oh yeah, what about the whole scene in the cabin between Kimble and Sister Veronica in Part I of Angels Travel On Lonely Roads? What great writing and acting.
Steve,

For some reason, the opening minutes of Act III seems to capture that "era", I think, with the backscore, along with the sailing scene. It's one of those scenes that sticks in my memory of favorite moments from the series.

Agee with Nightmare at Northoak. That, imo, is one of the top episodes in the series. I thought Nancy Wickwire was outstanding in the role of the sherrif's wife.

That closing scene in the police station is a classic. I bet "Star Trek" fans recognize one of the guys in line... "Goodbye, my boy. Courage." Closing scene

That era of tv featured many top-notch character acters, imo.

We could post in this thread for another 5 years and not cover all the amazing scenes in the show.

Another favorite of mine that's not (I think) usually mentioned a much is Smoke Screen. The closing scene with Beverly Garland (one of my favorites) at 00:12 into the clip is great .... [Kimble] "You've already said it. Thank You."

And the scene where Alejandro Rey ("Paco Alvarez") is with Kimble at 00:56 in the clip is another blue chip scene in the show for me.... Smoke Screen Closing

It must have been a real experience for Q.M. , Alan Armer, & the crew to witness history in the making as they filmed the show
2w4mxhz.jpg

jimmyjet said:
yea, she has a pretty face.

while i do not have real specific memories, the 2 parter with the nun in the jalopy is one of the ones that most come to mind.

everytime kimble gets something done, it confirms in the sister's mind that divine intervention was being used.

the interplay between the 2 is really cute.
The 2-parter is "Angels Travel on Lonely Roads" with Eileen Heckart as "Sister Veronica". It usually rates high on fan's episode list in the show.

Gary OS said:
Good pic and post, Jeff! I concur.

Gary "I'll have to start watching this series from the beginning again real soon" O.
Thanks :) I bet you know why I picked that pic. I saw that one and the "native Texan" bug made me pick it
a31cw5.jpg

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Yes Jeff, we could probably go on and trade favorite scenes for quite some time. There are a lot of them. It was better than talking about the clunker (The Savage Street) episodes though.Like Gary O, I'll probably start at the beginning and go through the series again. It's such a pleasure to watch them in the quality we finally have them in.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i just watched the northoak closing scene that was posted. i cant say that it brings back any memories.

is the dark-haired lady miss landers, by any chance ?

regarding star trek - i did recognize one man, and even know the episode. but you gotta be a real fan to remember him. i think that was the only time he was on. are you referring to the man that played mr. atoss, the episode where he was the librarian, sending people back in time, where they would be safe ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i forgot to add - that is a heckuva lot clearer than the original airing. you guys may not appreciate that any more, cuz you have already seen it.

but i dont recall ever seeing richard kimble that clearly.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Jeff Willis said:
That closing scene in the police station is a classic. I bet "Star Trek" fans recognize one of the guys in line... "Goodbye, my boy. Courage." Closing scene

That era of tv featured many top-notch character acters, imo.
And of course there are two others, for a total of three "STAR TREK actors" in that episode.

As mentioned, Ian Wolfe played Mr. Atoz.
The deputy in Northoak was played by Paul Carr who played Lee Kelso in the second pilot.
And of course the sheriff was played by Frank Overton who was Elias Sandoval in "This Side Of Paradise".

That episode had just a fabulous cast of recognizable faces as the town folk.

Harry

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
jimmyjet said:
i just watched the northoak closing scene that was posted. i cant say that it brings back any memories.

is the dark-haired lady miss landers, by any chance ?

regarding star trek - i did recognize one man, and even know the episode. but you gotta be a real fan to remember him. i think that was the only time he was on. are you referring to the man that played mr. atoss, the episode where he was the librarian, sending people back in time, where they would be safe ?
1248wow.jpg
That was "Mr Atoz" from the episode All Our Yesterdays. I think I recall his line when Cpt Kirk saw him in the library... "You're very late! Where have you been?"

Good observation about "Miss Landers". That was Sue Randall.

jimmyjet said:
i forgot to add - that is a heckuva lot clearer than the original airing. you guys may not appreciate that any more, cuz you have already seen it.

but i dont recall ever seeing richard kimble that clearly.
The DVD set is even better than the YouTube uploads.

jimmyjet said:
i do have some recall of kimble saving the baby. they were in a forest fire ?
This episode was about Kimble delivering a baby when he was the only doctor available in that scene. There was a fire involved but the baby wasn't rescued due to the fire.
Harry-N said:
And of course there are two others, for a total of three "STAR TREK actors" in that episode.

As mentioned, Ian Wolfe played Mr. Atoz.
The deputy in Northoak was played by Paul Carr who played Lee Kelso in the second pilot.
And of course the sheriff was played by Frank Overton who was Elias Sandoval in "This Side Of Paradise".

That episode had just a fabulous cast of recognizable faces as the town folk.

Harry
It is that, excellent cast.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Like MeTV, those YouTube uploads feature a lot of replaced music from those infamous half season sets. When I hear that bad music, I must turn it off.Sue Randall died quite young too. She'll always be Miss Landers, won't she?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i just saw the clip that was posted. when sue walks directly toward the camera, she has her face down. and then when they are all in a circle, she is too far away to see anything definite (at least with this sort of clarity).

the only reason it popped into my head is that i am currently watching the beaver cds.

i can sure see why i thought she was cute. she still has baby fat in her face. i am still on the 2nd season, which is her first year.

while miss canfield is nice looking, she looks like a young adult. miss landers has a bit of kid look still left in her.

i am curious as to the role that miss landers plays in season 3. normally, she would stay as a 3rd grade teacher. but i am guessing that she gets promoted to teaching 4th grade next year !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.