What's new

FS: Parting Out Nightmare Before Christmas LD Box Set (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Here's the deal: Early this year I bought a sealed Nightmare Before Christmas 3-disc LD box set. This is a wonderful box set with three sides of supplemental material and one of the best books ever to be included with an LD.

As is my habit, I don't open anything until I want to watch it. In this case, I wanted to examine the discs for laser rot as this has been reported to be a problem with this title. When I did, I discovered that there were two disc two's and no disc three, where most of the supplements are. (You are fortunate not to have been around when I discovered that fact). I have since acquired another copy - complete! Which leaves me with a box set that is missing disc three.

Now, my offer. I am willing to part out the box. Maybe your discs have developed laser rot - here is an opportunity to replace them. Maybe you own the dvd but you sure would like that book (I'm not kidding - this is a great book about this film. I would have bought it had it not been included. I don't believe it's available anywhere else). Finally, on the dvd there is a supplement called "The Making of Nighmare Before Christmas". Side 2 of disc 2 has this supplement also. The trouble is, the dvd version is cut in half! Only side 2, disc 2 of this LD set contains the complete "Making Of" documentary.

Here's how I want to do it:
[*]Whole She-bang - $25 (unless you absolutely would like two copies of disc two, I'd like to exclude it from this deal) NO LONGER AVAILABLE[*]Book only - $15 SOLD![*]Discs 1-2 - $10 SOLD! [*]Disc 2 - $5[*]Box only - $5 (box is in good condition with only a very small of edge wear, but it does have about a 3" split in the top center - it's not awful)

(No rot was found on a scan of all sides).

Shipping is actual cost. Your choice of priority or media mail (recommended if you want the whole she-bang - it's heavy). Insurance is your option also. Delivery confirmation is required.

Any interest?

P.S. I also have an excellent Disney Cinderella 3-disc LD box set that has everything but the lithographs. $25 plus shipping.

------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

[Edited last by alan halvorson on July 13, 2001 at 04:54 PM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Jerry: YGM back.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks