What's new

No Joke Big Time DVD/LD FS/T List (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have the following for DVDS for trade and LDs for sale or trade, with want lists of dvds, laser discs and a PC game. All my dvds are excellent; so should yours. No promos, no Hong Kong discs, Region 1 or 0 only. We ship at the same time using the same rate. I prefer Media Mail - I'm in no hurry (besides, lately, priority is taking almost as long as media, so let’s save some money).

Unless you authorize me to open a sealed DVD and insert some filler, I will not be held responsible for discs loosened or broken hubs that may happen in transit. None are in that condition now.

In DVD, but feel free to offer other titles also - I know I've left out something, especially among recent titles – but I really, really would like those in my want list. Please offer titles with similar MSRP (+/- $5).

See below for details on LDs for sale/trade.

I am a Gold Trader here and my Ebay id is nutgoodie (current rating = 361 with no negatives or neutrals).

Post here or e-mail Alan Halvorson

DVD For Trade:
[*] 2 Days in the Valley (sealed) [*] Amistad (not DTS) [*] Any Given Sunday (1-disc, sealed) [*] Aquirre: The Wrath of God (sealed)[*] The Avengers (Uma Thurman) [*] The Big Sleep (sealed) [*] Barry Lyndon (original, sealed) [*] Baraka [*] Big Night (sealed) [*] Black Robe (original) [*] Bound (sealed) [*] Bride of Frankenstein [*] Bulworth (sealed) [*] Carrie (original) [*] Clockwork Orange (original) [*] Cobra Verde (sealed)[*] Dark Star (sealed)[*] Dr. Strangelove SE [*] Fargo (original, non-anamorphic, sealed) [*] Fellini Satyricon (sealed) [*] Fiddler on the Roof (sealed)[*] Fly Away Home (original)[*] Flash Gordon [*] Heathers (original) [*] Highlander: The Director's Cut (sealed) [*] House 1+2 (sealed) [*] I Know What You Did Last Summer (not the OOP one, sealed) [*] The Jungle Book (sealed)[*] Lethal Weapon 4 (sealed) [*] Little Rascals Volumes 1+2 (Hallmark, Leonard Maltin intro) [*] Mars: The Red Planet [*] Michael Jordan: To the Max [*] Monty Python and the Holy Grail [*] Nightmare on Elm Street (sealed) [*] Night Shift (sealed) [*] Platoon (MGM anamorphic, not SE, sealed) [*] Princess Bride (original) [*] Rambo, First Blood (sealed) [*] Rambo, First Blood, Part II (sealed) [*] Rocky (original) [*] Scary Movie [*] Silverado (sealed)[*] Snow White (sealed) [*] Starman [*] Tarzan and the Lost City [*] Tom Jones [*] Total Recall (original)[*] The Towering Inferno (sealed) [*] Tron [*] Video Essentials[*] The Wolf Man, Classic Monster Collection (sealed)

VHS For Trade:
[*] Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, Volumes 1-6

Nintendo 64 (won't separate)
-Player
-Expansion Pack
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Goldeneye

DVDs Wanted:

Criterion:
[*] Branded to Kill[*] Do the Right Thing[*] Haxan[*] The Lady Eve[*] The Lady Vanishes[*] L’Avventura[*] Magic Flute[*] Most Dangerous Game[*] Peeping Tom[*] Ruling Class[*] Salesman[*] W.C. Fields: Six Short Films

Others:
[*] Abominable Snowman of Himalaya[*] Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #2[*] Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, #3[*] Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe: An Evening of Yes Music[*] Arsenic and Old Lace[*] Boogie Nights 2-disc [*] Cape Fear (1962)[*] Cape Fear (1991)[*] Catch-22[*] Dr. Zhivago[*] Empire of the Sun[*] Fly Away Home SE[*] From Here to Eternity[*] The Great Silence[*] The Killing Fields[*] The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance[*] Miss Congeniality[*] The Mummy (Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee)[*] The Natural[*] Plan 9 From Outer Space (Image only)[*] Purple Rose of Cairo[*] Radio Days[*] Ringo Starr: Best of Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band[*] Shiloh[*] Silence of the Lambs, MGM SE[*] The Straight Story[*] Thirteen Days[*] Twelve O’Clock High[*] You Can Count On Me[*] When Dinosaurs Roamed America

PC Game Wanted
[*] Myst: Exile

I have the following LDs for sale or trade for DVDs or other LDs. Price is $6 each unless otherwise marked. All are widescreen unless followed with FS (there are a few exceptions – these were filmed fullscreen and are presented properly). Other than the Criterions, none are special editions. Nearly all are excellent, many are mint, some are sealed, and a few are very good. Exceptions are noted. All box sets are complete unless noted. Any questions about which version or the condition of any LD, please e-mail. I can take photos if you really need one. One thing – unless you authorize me to open and view a sealed copy, I will not be responsible for laser rot or other flaws on sealed LDs.

Excepting box sets, shipping will be priority unless you select 5 or more discs, in which case you may opt for media mail. Box sets will by your choice of priority or media mail. Delivery confirmation is required. Insurance is your option but if you decline insurance, the risk is entirely yours.

Payment may be by PAYPAL (preferred) or a money order.

Box Sets
[*] The Abyss (very light shelf wear, corners are sharp)($12.50)[*] Alien (3-disc CAV)(mint)($16.00)[*] Aliens (4-disc CAV)(contains production stills left off the dvd)(box has some flaws, corners are intact)($12.50)[*] Aliens (same as above, only this copy is mint)($16.00)[*] The Day the Earth Stood Still – #1902 of 2500 produced, signed by Robert Wise, includes Special Edition of the film with all the supplements, an excellent book on Robert Wise, his career and film projects, and a 24-ct gold soundtrack CD, still sealed. This is really rare. Box has some light shelf wear; corners are intact. Overall, excellent. ($130)[*] E.T. Limited Edition Collectors box set, # 995 of 8000 produced (4-disc CAV)(sealed). Easily the best version of E.T. out there. Excellent THX transfer, supplements galore including such stuff as “The Making of E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial”, Henry Thomas’ original auction tape, outtakes, conceptual drawings, and more, plus an expanded and remastered gold soundtrack cd. ($70)[*] Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Volume 2. 70 complete, uncut cartoons from 1931-1948. Five discs. Box is excellent with very light wear along a few edges and corners. Corners are all solid, insert included. ($90)[*] The Lion King (4 CAV discs, 2 for the film, 2 for the supplements). With Concept Art Lithographs Portfolio. ($55)[*] The Nighmare Before Christmas (2 copies), recalled box. CAV. Yes, there is a dvd containing most of the supplements. But not all. This set contains the full “Making of” documentary; the dvd cut it in half. Both copies contain the MTV shorts and “Slow Bob in the Lower Dimensions”, which were pulled from later pressings for copyright reasons. Each set also contains a book on the making of the film. This is the best book ever included in an LD box set and I’ve seen (and owned) nearly all of them. The book alone is nearly worth the price. Both boxes have light shelf wear. The discs all play fine without rot. ($55 each)[*] Star Wars: The Definitive Collection (9 discs, CAV). With book. The originals, with some supplements ($80)[*] That’s Entertainment! Parts I (3 discs, sealed), II (3 discs, opened with light wear) and III (4 discs, sealed with 8 full-color lobby cards, a numbered souvenir program with rare photos, and extensive supplements). It’s all three or nothing. If you love musicals, you must have these sets. ($120). [*] The Ten Commandments 35th Anniversary (excellent)($15)[*] Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (excellent $15)[*] Beatles Anthology (sealed) 8 discs. If you have any interest in the Beatles at all, it's a must have. ($40)[*] Disney's Cinderella (excellent) Box is excellent as are the discs. Very nice set of supplements. Missing the lithographs, unfortunately, which accounts for the lower price ($20)[*] The Godfather Collector's Edition. 7 discs including a supplement disc: The Godfather Family - A Look Inside and a nice booklet of photos. Box has a little more than average edgewear but is otherwise excellent. All corners intact. ($30)

Criterions
[*] Close Encounters of the Third Kind (2-disc CLV)($15)[*] Close Encounters of the Third Kind (3-disc CAV – missing the insert)($25)[*] Dr. Strangelove (2-disc CAV)(even you have the SE DVD, you need this LD. These are some of the most fun supplements ever)($45)[*] From Russia With Love (2-disc CAV) This is one of the three Criterion Bond LDs pulled on request by the copyright holders, rumored to be due to the nature of the commentary (don’t ask me exactly that concern is). With some very interesting supplements not on any other version, LD or DVD. Near mint, with its only flaw being a very mint ding on the upper left-hand corner ($75) [*] The Man Who Fell to Earth (2-disc, CLV/CAV) ($50)[*] Repulsion (2-disc CLV/CAV)($100)[*] Robinson Crusoe on Mars (2-disc CAV)(sealed)($130)

Looney Tunes Single Discs
[*] Bad Ol’ Puddy Tat Blues ($70)[*] After Dark ($50)[*] Assorted Nuts ($50)[*] Cartoons For Big Kids ($40)[*] Curtain Calls ($70)[*] Guffaw and Order ($50)[*] Ham on Wry ($20)[*] Hare Beyond Compare ($50)[*] Longitude and Looneytude ($50)[*] Road Runner Vs. Wile E. Coyote (2 copies)($70 each)[*] Wince Upon a Time ($40)[*] Winner By a Hare ($50)

Animation
[*] An American Tail (CAV)(FS)[*] An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (CAV)(FS)[*] Disney Alice in Wonderland (Remastered)[*] Disney Lady and the Tramp (AC-3)(CLV)[*] Disney Pocahantas (CLV)[*] Disney Pocahontas Sing Along Songs: Colors of the Wind[*] Disney Song of the South ($210)[*] Disney Toy Story (CLV)

Other LDs that I Think Are Valuable
[*] Mr. Drums Buddy Rich & His Band: Live on King Street ($40)[*] One Million Years B.C. (Raquel Welch)($50) Raquel Welch fur bikini fest.[*] The Wizard of Space and Time ($150) Just try and find this title. Hasn’t been one on Ebay for months. Consistently went for $150+ - I’m not entirely certain I will sell this, no matter what the offer.[*] Bedazzled, WS ($80)(sealed) This ain’t coming to dvd anytime soon. Raquel Welch as Lust.[*] John Ford Calvary Trio, Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande. All excellent. ($90)[*] SOLD Indiana Jones Trilogy, all WS. Jackets are not the ultimate in condition (I’ll give them 6.5 to 7 out of 10), but they’re ok and the discs play well. ($75) [*] THX Demo disc ($60) Near mint but does have a large crease on the lower right corner and a smaller one on the upper left corner, courtesy of poor packing by the former owner. Disc plays fine. A must have.

Regular LDs - $6 each, unless otherwise marked
[*] 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Disney Archive with supplements)(jacket has some flaws)($20) [*] Alien Resurrection THX (AC-3)[*] American Graffiti[*] Anima Mundi[*] The Apartment[*] Bachelor Party[*] Barbarella (FS)[*] Batman[*] Beneath the Twelve Mile Reef[*] Beyond the Mind’s Eye[*] The Big Sleep[*] Blue Thunder (sealed)[*] Bonnie and Clyde[*] Braveheart THX (AC-3)[*] Breaker Morant[*] The Bridge on the River Kwai[*] The Cheap Detective[*] Cliffhanger [*] A Clockwork Orange[*] The Cowboys[*] Darkman FS[*] Die Hard THX [*] Die Hard 2 THX[*] Die Hard With a Vengeance THX[*] Doctor Zhivago[*] Dog Day Afternoon (FS)[*] The Dream is Alive[*] Dressed To Kill UNRATED[*] Empire of the Sun (CAV) Jacket is pretty ratty[*] Empire of the Sun (CLV)(contains the supplement “China Odyssey”)[*] Excalibur[*] The Fifth Element (AC-3)(sealed)[*] Flamingo Kid (FS)[*] Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (sealed)[*] The Fugitive[*] SOLD The Graduate 25th Anniversay [*] Glory (2 copies)[*] Great Train Robbery[*] A GRP Christmas Collection (sealed)[*] Gypsy Angels[*] Hell in the Pacific. With both endings.[*] Home Alone[*] Jaws (sealed)[*] Jurassic Park THX (CLV)(sealed but has creases on the back)[*] Jurassic Park: The Lost World THX (AC-3)[*] The Last Detail [*] Let It Ride[*] Life of Brian (FS)[*] The Lives of a Bengal Tiger (Discovision)[*] The Longest Day[*] The Long Riders[*] The Lost Continent (sealed)[*] Lost in America[*] Love & Death/Bananas[*] The Magnificent Seven[*] The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance[*] Men In Black (AC-3)[*] Monty Python Volume 1[*] Monty Python Volume 6[*] Much Ado About Nothing[*] The Naked Gun (FS)[*] The Naked Gun 2 ½ : The Smell of Fear[*] Never Cry Wolf (FS)[*] The Never Ending Story[*] Nine to Five (FS)[*] North by Northwest[*] An Officer and a Gentleman[*] On the Waterfront[*] Paint Your Wagon [*] Peggy Sue Got Married (FS)[*] The Pink Panther[*] Pork Chop Hill[*] Quartermass and the Pit (sealed, but bottom left corner has a small ding)[*] Radio Days (FS) [*] The Rocky Horror Picture Show THX[*] Rollerball[*] The Satanic Rites of Dracula[*] Seven Brides For Seven Brothers[*] Sorcerer (FS)[*] Species THX (AC-3)[*] Stanger Than Paradise[*] Star Trek: First Contact THX (AC-3)[*] Star Wars Trilogy (original widescreen, not THX)($25)[*] Sullivan’s Travels[*] Superman: The Movie (sealed)[*] They Were Expendable[*] The Thing – John Carpenter (sealed)[*] Three Men and a Baby (FS)[*] The Three Worlds of Gulliver (Harryhausen)(CAV) Pioneer Special Edition[*] Time After Time (FS)(sealed)($20)[*] Topkapi[*] Total Recall[*] Tremors (FS)[*] SOLD True Lies THX (AC-3) [*] The Twelve Chairs[*] Twister CAV THX (AC-3) [*] Wake of the Red Witch 45th Anniversary[*] Wayne’s World[*] Wayne’s World 2[*] West Side Story[*] Who’ll Stop the Rain[*] Wholly Moses![*] The Year of Living Dangerously

Laser Discs Wanted
[*] 1776 Pioneer Special Edition[*] Art of Tom & Jerry box sets, Volumes 2 & 3[*] Cat People - Criterion[*] Ken Burns, The Civil War box set[*] The English Patient, Criterion[*] The Fisher King, Criterion[*] Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Volume 5[*] Laurel & Hardy – Saps at Sea, Pack Up Your Troubles, Others[*] The Kingdom box set[*] Man Bites Dog, Criterion[*] Metropolis – Moroder version [*] Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House[*] My Neighbor Totoro[*] Olivia Newton-John – Down Under (NTSC only)[*] Olivia Newton-John – Soul Kiss[*] Othello, Criterion[*] The Princess Bride, Criterion 2-disc with supplements[*] Ragtime - WS [*] Song of the South – Hong Kong release[*] Spirit of St. Louis – WS (Catalog # 15052)[*] Television Toys, Criterion[*] Throne of Blood, Criterion CAV[*] Twin Peaks Pilot Episode, Japanese import only[*] Twin Peaks, Fire Walk With Me – WS only[*] Yog, Monster From Outer Space, Japan import

Many, many more, especially Criterions, box sets and – maybe – Russ Meyer LDs.

------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

[Edited last by alan halvorson on November 17, 2001 at 08:36 AM]

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
YGM, LD-phile....
:)
~~Nathan
------------------
...just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Updated lists, added THX Demo disc and Hell in the Pacific.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks