What's new

Friends - Season 4 packaging Q. (1 Viewer)

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Its been a long time since I have been in the software section on this board, so I hope this is not a repost. Anyways, I have all 6 seasons of Friends and on the inside of Season 4 it is missing some labeling. I wanted to know if this is just my box set or if Warner Bros. did this to every Season 4 packaging. Unfortunately, Geocities will not allow hosting pictures on other web sites... So, here is a link to a picture I took showing exactly what I am trying to find out. Notice that in the picture, Season 4 is missing the labeling across the top of the inner packaging. If anyone could let me know if I got a glitched boxset or if this was standard... I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
- John

hmm, I noticed that the link is not working either... Here is the URL: http://www.geocities.com/jn_besse/friends.jpg open a new browser window and copy and paste the link. Or, if anyone is kind enough to use their own web space to host the pic, that would be great to!!! Thanks again!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It happened to at least one run of the packaging. I've noticed that they all have "4" on the new ones at the store. I was tempted to trade mine in as it looks weird "Season 1" "Season 2" "Season 3" "" "Season 5" on my shelf.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Jason, I'm refering to the packaging on the fold out inside thingy! At the store it would be hard to notice, since they are done with the crease showing instead of the spine. You'd have to open the package pull the inside thingy out and look at the spine. That is where mine is missing the print.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Mine has the 4 on the inside of the spine if that is of any help to you.

It does look very odd when you look at it the way you have photographed. Don't you display them with the outside of the box facing the viewer though?

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Eric, you know everyone asks that about how I display my DVDs. But, no! I usually like the inside spine look better. Did that for a lot of my TV on DVD and the LOTR extendeds. Thanks for all your help guys!

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Yeah, season 4's mess up kinda ticked me off, but what are you going to do about it. I just decided to turn the spines around on the shelf :) I really wish Warner would offer a replacement, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks