Free: Application accelerator from Intel for Intel Chipsets...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Sep 10, 2001.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Im not 100% sure if itll work for my computer/notebook..
    I have a Intel P166, with an Asus Motherboard... Actally, i think i do have a Intel chipset...
    but im not sure about my Toshiba Satellite notebook...
    http://www.intel.com/support/chipset...update+010910b
    For Intel chipsets only. It's supposed to make your PC boot faster, run apps faster, etc. What will happen if I try it on my Athlon? Hmm.

2. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I was under the impression that this application was only for Pentium 4's but maybe it works on others too?? I have a Dell Dimension 8100 w/P4 and have downloaded this with no problems. I used MS Works as my test program, it opens and runs this MUCH faster. Their are actually two programs to download, a utility and then the accelerator. I frequent DellTalk ® (a dell sponsored forum)and it appears that some are experiencing problems with installation? But I dont know if they installed BOTH programs as Intel states?
    But my experience has been very good thus far... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Regards,
    Todd

My HT

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

It is actually only for Intel i8xx chipsets. So to answer NickSo's question, no you cannot use it. Now those who have Pentium 3 and 4 systems running on an i8xx chipset then yes.
    The app is actually optimized for the Pentium 4 chip, but still works on the Pentium 3, just not as well.