What's new

Free: Application accelerator from Intel for Intel Chipsets... (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Im not 100% sure if itll work for my computer/notebook..
I have a Intel P166, with an Asus Motherboard... Actally, i think i do have a Intel chipset...
but im not sure about my Toshiba Satellite notebook...
Link Removed
For Intel chipsets only. It's supposed to make your PC boot faster, run apps faster, etc. What will happen if I try it on my Athlon? Hmm.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I was under the impression that this application was only for Pentium 4's but maybe it works on others too?? I have a Dell Dimension 8100 w/P4 and have downloaded this with no problems. I used MS Works as my test program, it opens and runs this MUCH faster. Their are actually two programs to download, a utility and then the accelerator. I frequent DellTalk ® (a dell sponsored forum)and it appears that some are experiencing problems with installation? But I dont know if they installed BOTH programs as Intel states?
But my experience has been very good thus far... :)
------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
It is actually only for Intel i8xx chipsets. So to answer NickSo's question, no you cannot use it. Now those who have Pentium 3 and 4 systems running on an i8xx chipset then yes.
The app is actually optimized for the Pentium 4 chip, but still works on the Pentium 3, just not as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks