What's new

Fox: To the Shores of Tripoli filmed in Technicolor but DVD release in B&W??? (1 Viewer)

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
Received the corrected version of To The Shores of Tripoli today. The color is excellent. The reissued version has a different UPC number from the previously issued version that had no color. The correct UPC is 24543 05307
Thanks to Peter Staddon and Fox for correcting this title.;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I also received my copy today and the transfer looks fine. Good job by Fox in correcting this situation.

Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Just bought this title today(6/18/02) from Best Buy. I got a B & W one. I'll be calling Fox. Was not this title supposed to be recalled? If so, BB didn't return their discs. :frowning:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jeff,
Too bad you didn't note the UPC code that Larry posted for the correct dvd.

Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I had not checked this thread in quite a while. I sort of thought that there would not be any B&W ones left out there. No big deal. I'll call & get the replacement. I did notice some other misinformation in regards to the cover. In one place it says the film is full screen & in another in says wide screen.
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
When I called to get the replacement disc, the operator simply took my name & mailing address. I didn't even need to have the DVD UPC code.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Wasn't the ISBN code so you could tell in the shop if you were looking at the faulty B&W disc or a reissued colour one?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I already had played the first few minutes of the film & determined that it was a faulty B&W disc. I had not checked on this thread in a while so I did not have the new code available, plus I wrongly assumed that the faulty ones had been recalled already.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I received the replacement disc in the mail today. It was in a sealed keepcase. That is a nice touch, better than getting it in a cardboard envelope.Good job Fox! I appreciate the fast replacement & the keepcase packaging.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks