What's new

Fox Archives-MOD releases for December (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
John Hermes said:
I should have spent a few extra bucks and ordered it from Amazon. :blink:
Me too John.

I ordered the Sonja Henie title "Happy Landing" at the same time and I wondered if that was the reason for this most annoying delay.
After your comment that's appears not the case.
Not very good service seeing that they accepted my Pay-pal money a month ago.

Doug.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
John Hermes said:
As I said earlier, they sent me the wrong DVD, not Beneath The 12 Mile Reef. I sent it back and so far have heard nothing. They never returned my call the day I received the wrong disc either. I should have spent a few extra bucks and ordered it from Amazon. :blink:
I've sent two e-mails and still not even the courtesy of a reply.
I paid for it over a month ago and it is presently showing as in stock.
Surely they haven't cancelled a fully paid for order.

Just what is going on.

Have you had any news John?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Has Import CDs changed ownership? They've recently increased their prices and now they're providing - or seem to be providing - poor service. It seems to be a different organisation.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Doug Bull said:
I've sent two e-mails and still not even the courtesy of a reply.
I paid for it over a month ago and it is presently showing as in stock.
Surely they haven't cancelled a fully paid for order.

Just what is going on.

Have you had any news John?
Since your order looks to be over 4 weeks old, consider it dead. Importcds.com automatically cancels orders that get older than 4 weeks old (give or take). You have to manually cancel the order by contacting their customer service and reorder.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
JoHud said:
Since your order looks to be over 4 weeks old, consider it dead. Importcds.com automatically cancels orders that get older than 4 weeks old (give or take). You have to manually cancel the order by contacting their customer service and reorder.
But Joe, they have my money.
Also surely my 2 fully explicit e-mails to the customer service department would have them doing something about it.
But no, not even a reply.

I knew of their 4 week cancellation thing, but this is part of an existing fully paid for order.
How can they keep your money and throw the order in the trash can?

Unless they come up with a half decent excuse and an apology, it looks like the end of the road for Importcds.com from this frequent buyer - others be warned. :angry:

Doug.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
They automatically refund when cancelling the order. Their emails take a while to reply, about 1-3 days but you can cancel over email.

If you aren't able to get anyone to reply by email, call 949-225-1170. It's not toll free, but you can actually talk to someone and get your order cancelled ASAP.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Doug Bull said:
Also surely my 2 fully explicit e-mails to the customer service department would have them doing something about it.

I knew of their 4 week cancellation thing, but this is part of an existing fully paid for order.

Unless they come up with a half decent excuse and an apology, it looks like the end of the road for Importcds.com from this frequent buyer - others be warned. :angry:

Doug.
No word here either from them, Doug. No one ever called me back when the girl said the person who would was out to lunch. I mailed my wrong DVD back to them - nothing so far. Slipshod operation if you ask me.

greylocke5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard G.
Doug Bull said:

Doug.
If you don't get your money back you should file a claim with Paypal ASAP. I don't remember how long Paypal allows for claims - but I would file for my money anyway. Let them know of all your attempts to contact ImportCDs. I bet you'll have your refund in no time.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
greylocke5 said:
If you don't get your money back you should file a claim with Paypal ASAP. I don't remember how long Paypal allows for claims - but I would file for my money anyway. Let them know of all your attempts to contact ImportCDs. I bet you'll have your refund in no time.
Thank you for your interest and concern.

As an International customer, It's a messy situation on several fronts.

This is part of a 4 disc order that was paid for immediately via paypal. (credit cards only get charged for what gets shipped - I should have done it that way)
I received 2 of the discs, so that's fine.
However there is a $5 packing fee on each order and that has already been paid and would need to be paid again if I re-order the remaining 2 discs.
Next is $ exchange rates. Because the Aussie Dollar is lower than the US Dollar, It cost me more to purchase the discs.
If they cancel and credit Paypal, I will only get the amount in US Dollars meaning yet another loss to me.

An expensive international phone call is out of the question.

The simple solution should surely be to just re-instate the order and send the remaining goods to me at no extra charge.
But hey- simple is just too hard.

They have until tomorrow. then....... :angry:

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Doug Bull said:
They have until tomorrow. then....... :angry:
....I've sent a fourth e-mail in which I cancelled the order and requested a refund.

Interesting to see if they acknowledge that.
If not, I'm not sure just where this will end up.

Doug.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Doug Bull said:
....I've sent a fourth e-mail in which I cancelled the order and requested a refund.

Interesting to see if they acknowledge that.
If not, I'm not sure just where this will end up.

Doug.
I emailed them using their template a couple days ago. It said I would be contacted...still waiting. Look up "poor customer service" in the encyclopedia and there is a picture of importcds.com.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Exclusive:
Could this be a picture of Importcds customer relations department?
customer.jpg

Note: Is that their 'waiting to be dealt with' orders and e-mails shown rolled up on the left?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Since my last post I've sent a message to their parent company and for the first time actually replied to the old original Order Confirmation E-Mail, hoping it might reach a different department or different staff.
But alas still nothing.

Paypal wouldn't help me and suggested I should mediate with Importcds.
What the ......!
How do you mediate when they won't answer e-mails or acknowledge phone calls.

Sadly, It's looking very likely that my money has sunken Deep Beneath The 12 Mile Reef.

Doug.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Doug Bull said:
Since my last post I've sent a message to their parent company and for the first time actually replied to the old original Order Confirmation E-Mail, hoping it might reach a different department or different staff.
But alas still nothing.

Paypal wouldn't help me and suggested I should mediate with Importcds.
What the ......!
How do you mediate when they won't answer e-mails or acknowledge phone calls.

Sadly, It's looking very likely that my money has sunken Deep Beneath The 12 Mile Reef.

Doug.
Doug, I'm in the same (sunken) boat as you - no email replies, no returned calls. Monday I will telephone again, and maybe the person who's always somewhere else will be there (fat chance).

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Doug I was in something like this. The credit card that is on file at pay pal I reported my problem to them. I received a credit right off while they investigated. The whole thing took less than 30 days and the vendor caved in so the money stayed on my side of the books. Can you do the same?

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Mark Collins said:
Doug I was in something like this. The credit card that is on file at pay pal I reported my problem to them. I received a credit right off while they investigated. The whole thing took less than 30 days and the vendor caved in so the money stayed on my side of the books. Can you do the same?
Thanks for the helpful advice Mark,
Though the PayPal transaction only involved my personal bank account, I have also given PayPal a credit card for backup purposes.
I'll take your advice and contact the credit card company even though they were not involved, still it's worth a try.

John, it looks like we are somewhat sunk . Good Luck.

Doug.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Doug Bull said:
Thanks for the helpful advice Mark,
Though the PayPal transaction only involved my personal bank account, I have also given PayPal a credit card for backup purposes.
I'll take your advice and contact the credit card company even though they were not involved, still it's worth a try.

John, it looks like we are somewhat sunk . Good Luck.

Doug.
Doug, if you are willing to risk a call, I got a phone number today which actually got me in touch with a real customer service person at importcds.com. I told her my plight and she said the are sending me a new copy by expedited mail and it should be here in 3-5 days. Now, it's not here yet, but things are looking better than they have before. Their number is (855) 258-9650. I talked to "Andrea".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks