Forever Knight run times....

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Oct 22, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I read in another forum that the show Forever Knight had 3 different edits per episode. Their is a US 41 minute version, A Canadian 47 minute edit and finally a European version that contained nudity. Amazon had it listed as being the US edits. But, after watching an episode last night I can at least say they are the 47 minute Canadian edit. Does anyone know any more about this? This is the first I had heard of different edits. I was especially surprised to hear about the nudity.

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

All of this is news to me. I got the set cheap via DVDEmpire's misprice, but frankly it is at the bottom of the viewing pile on a week that contains Indy, Galactica, Dragonslayer, Hulk, Dick Van Dyke, and Batman: MotBW.

3. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

4. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Well, afer going thru the set (finally arrived), I'm apalled at WHY there was such a MAJOR SCREWUP on the Forever Knight set... we have 21 fully uncut episodes of 47-48 minutes each...

...and one of 41 minutes. .[​IMG] [​IMG]

Of course which episode is cut??? THE FIRST ONE! [​IMG] Part 1 of 'Dark Knight' is the CBS 'CrimeTime after Primetime' version (right down to the CTaPT INTRO).

COME'ON PEOPLE... how could you screw up like this! I *KNOW* for a fact that the full un-cut episode exists! It aired 3 weeks ago on Canadian TV (waves DVD-R in the air).

DAVID! Paging David Lambert, you think you could ping your sources on this foulup and see WHAT they were thinking (or not thinking as the case may be)??? Remember you have ammo if they say the uncut episode 'wasn't available'... it absolutely is.

5. Tom M

Tom M Stunt Coordinator

Just because the uncut episode exists does not mean they could get the rights to it.

They may have been other difficulties invloved, too. Hopefully David Lambert or someone can provide us with the answer.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

David Lambert has no contact at Columbia who would discuss such matters with him. I can get info about release dates and so forth, but the people I speak to won't/can't discuss content, and are not able to refer me to people who can.

Gord sometimes has luck with these things, but he's out of town at the moment and can't be reached until Sunday. I'll leave him a note about this subject, but don't get your hopes up.

As Sanford & Son S2 has proven, once Columbia gets something out there with a particular cut, it's unlikely to be changed.

7. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Well, it looks like I will never buy another Columbia TriStar TV disc again without hearing about it first.

8. Sherry H.

Sherry H. Extra

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I'll look into the issue. When the "what extras should DVD sets contain" was asked on my panel I said, "It's not an extra, but sets should contain uncut, original episodes on them."

Gord

10. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Gord.. thanks.. keep us posted...

as I said, the excuse of 'the episode dosen't exist' doesn't wash... aired on SPACE: The Imagination Station recently.. and I would find it very hard to believe that the couldn't 'get the rights' to part 1 of a 2 part story.

11. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I got this one on a misprice, but unless we get a lot more extras or the price gets cut, I won't get anymore.

12. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Same here.

As I said in another topic the PQ is sub-par anyways.

13. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Light tappage to see if Gord found out anything?

14. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

David?
    Gord?
    Bueller??

silence is not golden [​IMG]

15. Gord Lacey

Sorry guys, I haven't had a chance to look into it yet. I'm sick today, which means I have the whole day to call studios [​IMG]

I'll post if I get any news.

Gord

16. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

Thanks Gord... get better soon!

17. Gord Lacey

Well, I spoke to someone at CTS and he said the version on the set was all they had the rights for.

It's also interesting to note that CTS doesn't have rights to release the set in Canada. Seems funny that a Canadian like myself would have to import the set for a show set and shot in Canada.

Gord

18. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Maybe whoever does own the rights in Canada will eventually release a separate edition and then all us Yanks can import it. (It does appear that there is a Canadia release of the original Rick Springfield pilot, and I'm not sure if there is a corresponding American release.)

Regards,

Joe

19. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer