What's new

Flash Gordon re-release is coming..... (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Todd, use Photobucket.com it's free hosting.

This is great news! Hopefully, truthful.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looking forward to this one. Have been resisting buying the previous bare bones edition. Maybe this will jumpstart Stephen Sommers' new Flash Gordon adaptation.

AlexCosmo

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to hear an alternate track with sam jones' real voice! And didn't Nicholas Roeg direct some of it before quitting/getting fired? Anyone know the history? Let's see everything!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Ron, Thanks for the info. They are doing maintenance to the site. So when I can sign up. I will.

Alex, I never heard that about Sam's voice. Was it someone else's or was his modified??

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So you feel like you ain't nobody
Always needed to be somebody
Put your feet on the ground
Put your hand on your heart,
Lift your head to the stars
And the world's for your taking
(all you have to do
Is save the world)

So you feel like it's the end of the story find it all pretty satisfactory
Well i tell you my friend
This might seem like the end
But the continuation is
Yours for the making...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

as a package i don't think Universal will out do the French CE.
everything from the physical packaging to the inclusion of the soundtrack cd, as well as the commentary, etc and especially the new 5.1 re mixed soundtrack- its just a sweet set.

but i will definitely get the new disc just so i don't have to deal anymore with the forced subs.
that is the only aspect that impinges that release, imo- if you can play R2 Pal discs.

everytime i see someone quote this film a smile comes to my face.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Sam Jones voice is indeed dubbed by another actor in FLASH GORDON, I have no idea who dubbed him, but there is only one scene that is Sam's voice, the rest is someone else.

Rajvir

Agent
I now live in Canada, but growing up in the UK this was one of my favourite films from childhood. BBC 1 used to air it alot during the 80's and I loved it. However, I had no idea that Sam Jones voice was dubbed, this is some very fascinating news. Why was it dubbed?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

:confused: I'm pretty sure that Showtime HAS NOT been showing an HD transfer of Flash Gordon. I check every time it's on and it has always been the same old muddy, blurry pan and scan 4X3 transfer.:thumbsdown:

I'd LOVE to see it in HD!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I never understood why they would hire an actor to play a role and then dub his voice. Like they did in this and in the Lone Ranger movie. You can't tell me that you cannot find an actor who looks AND sounds the part??

jeff strickler

Stunt Coordinator
Where's that pic? I'm dying to see how these actors look today!

Also, Jones's real voice is heard a couple of times in the film, not just once.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Andie McDowall's voice was dubbed by Glenn close in GREYSTOKE, and Franco nero's voice was dubbed by someone who sounds like Adam West in ENTER THE NINJA as well.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I mentioned earlier. I am waiting until I can sign up with the pic hosting service tonight.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Todd, looks like everything is a go over at Photobucket. I just logged in and also went through the new member sign-up to see if it's working, seems it is. Try again and post that pic.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the scoop, Todd! I, too, am awaiting some official confirmation from Uni, but obviously Ms. Anderson must know a little something about the DVD re-release.

So you just made my DAY with this news! YES!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror.

Can't wait! :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks