First Impressions of the Denon DVD3910

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Lee Distad, Sep 3, 2004.

1. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    Perry: The Denon 2900 is arguably one of the best "safe and solid" bets out there, right now, imho, especially given its price point. Great choice! [​IMG]

Kevin: I don't know about you, but I was kind of surprised that the Marantz 9500 didn't perform better in the Secrets' shootouts.

2. EricN

EricN Stunt Coordinator

I am enjoying my new 3910/3805 combo. I have a 5800 upgraded with a 5900 in the main theater and was blown away by the Denon link for both DVD-Audio and for the digital connection for movies. I was going to go with the Pioneer 1014 and move my Denon DVD-1600 over to the living room, but I had to do the D-Link there as well. A good Open Box price at Ultimate Electronics sealed the deal.

I find the PQ with the 3910 to rival the 5900 and the sound is wonderful.

Another great combo from Denon. [​IMG]

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

EricRW- To be honest, I wasn't. The 8300 and 8400 are known to have excellent audio, but since they were based on the Pioneer DV-47A (not even the 47Ai), they had (ahem) crap video. The 9500 is obviously not based on a Pioneer, but I would expect Marantz to take a few iterations to get it right. The 9500 is a step in the right direction, but not worth $2100. So for now at least, I still see the Onkyo/Integra players as king for $2k-ish or less.

4. Ken Arnold

Ken Arnold Agent

Ken Arnold
  5. Ken Arnold

Ken Arnold Agent

Ken Arnold