What's new

FEAST Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I've been following this one since the script was chosen as Project Greenlight's winner. The script was a hoot to read and I devoured it in a matter of minutes.

Next up was Bravo's reality show, Project Greenlight. The whole season consisted of the making of FEAST and seeing the process from beginning to end was very, very interesting. I couldn't wait to see this on the big screen. Unfortunately, it was later mentioned that this movie wasn't getting a big screen release and it was going directly to video. But these things happen.

Well, it's finally available on DVD and I must say, this movie does not dissapoint. It has some differences from the original script but still a lot of fun to watch.

Even though the plot is not original at all (we've seen similar plots before), there's something about this little movie that sets it apart from so many others. I don't know if it was the creepy atmosphere, interesting characters (to me at least) or an incredibly claustrophobic set but I just loved this movie.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I was actually quite bored with it. I didn't think it had the same clipping pace that the script had. But, honestly, aside from the title cards announcing the character's life expectancy, there wasn't a whole lot of zip to the script. There were some post-modern against the grain twists, but

changing heroines halfway through did destory the momentum of the piece

And, it did have a very limited one week run in theaters before hitting video. Several friends saw it in a really skeezy theater which made it a grindhouse experience (they loved it).

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's not great, but I thought the cinematography was pretty good. And, I've seen far worse appear at a theater and get a run.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I borrowed this from a friend and must say that it was a lot of fun in the vein of Demon Knight and From Dusk Til' Dawn. It was also great to see Clu Gulagar again, which makes sense given that the film was directed by his son.

The opening cards for each character had me in stitches and overall it was an appropriately gruesome and messy way to spend 90 minutes. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this last night and really liked it. I thought most of the self aware gags worked really well, especially the hero's entrance. I had not seen any of the TV show or read the script and I thought the film was a pretty fresh take on the genre.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Watched this last night. Fun enough, but frankly I'm tired of the herky-jerky, sped-up, darkly-lit action scenes with which this movie if rife. Really, I would like to be able to tell what's going on!

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Watched this film this morning. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a fun ride. I love campy horror films. This one really did good in holding true to "real camp"

Sure it could have had less herky jerky dark scenes, but all in all I really enjoyed it.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Oh really? Can't believe I missed that. I would've loved to see this on the big screen.

The title cards were funny as hell.

And yes, the action scenes, especially towards the end were so dark and fast-paced that you could barely make sense of what was happening. I actually had to rewind and slow-mo through one of them to understand how one of the characters died.

But overall, a fun movie to watch.

TedT

Second Unit

EXACTLY! Couldn't have said it better myself. The herky-jerky camera was so annoying, it completely turned me off on the movie. In fact for a couple weeks after seeing it, I thought it was a defect!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks