What's new

Fantastic Four Double-Dip (1 Viewer)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
From http://www.homemediaretailing.com/ne...rticle_id=7814

I liked F4 a lot - it was a fun little movie which never tried to be anything but a lot of fun (unlike Spider-Man 2 which tried to be an Ingmar Bergman film and ended up being an overlong Dawson's Creek episode with special effects).

My only complaint was that it seemed too short, too rushed.

Looks like the director agrees.

Too bad we'll probably have to wait until Summer 2006 to see the longer version.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The shortness of the movie is one of the things that I liked about it. To me, it seems like alot of movies today run an extra 15 or 20 minutes too long only just so the audience can feel like they got their $9.25 worth.

Obviously, the footage that they want to add back to the FF could be a few minutes that actually improves the movie but I have a feeling that will add, say, an extra 30 minutes just so they can say that it has '30 MINUTES OF UNSEEN FANTASTIC FOOTAGE' on the cover of the disc. They'll put everything back into the movie whether it works or not.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
when I first saw the F4 movie, I did feel that some stuff was cut out.. however when I did watch it again.. It seem just fine to me. I would still be interested in the directors cut or exended edition of the fantastic four!

JACOB

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
How about this for an extra, hidden as an Easter egg:

On Disc 1, press the Up arrow on your remote to highlight the 4 symbol. Press Play, and you'll get to see the original unreleased "Fantastic Four" film from Roger Corman from 1994, all made for the gloriously low-budget price of $2 million! :D

Now that would be a lotta fun! (I know it's wish-fulfillment, but hey, gotta go with something when you have your caffeine in the a.m.!) :D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I do not want to see the corman version.. it was terrible.. I just want the 2005 version.

besides I heard they burned the ****** movie.. thank god.

JACOB

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Is this still considered a 'double dip' if you know about an extended version BEFORE the regular version comes out ;)?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Not necessarily. The LOTR extended versions were announced at the same time as the 2-disc theatrical versions, as Peter Jackson had deliberately planned it that way to make the extended versions more faithful to the books by putting in more content that the longtime LOTR readers would recognize. So it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No, I mean, the term "Double Dip" refers to when another version comes out AFTER the original version is out. We double dip because we already own the first, then buy the second.

Knowing about the second version in advance, allows us to pass on the first (or just buy the first because we may not want the 'extended' version), thus negating the "Double Dip". ;)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'd love an extended version, but I'd still get the theatrical version. I'm a Marvel completist. :D

John*D

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure that nowhere in that article does Story say there is going to be a double dip.

Of course, there most likely will be, but it doesn't say there will be multiple releases.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Ahh... the Corman version. That flik is so bad that it oozes of cheese (just like Velveta mac & cheese). :D But then again, I must be sick in the head 'cause I got a kick out of Corman's FF and... I like my mac & cheese. :)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

But when was the last time we got an extended version of a movie as the first release?

And please stop the F4 bashing - compared to that pretentious cure for insomnia called Batman Begins it was a masterpiece.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jacob said:

Did you even read the first post of this thread???

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Thread reopened.

This thread is for discussion of the upcoming Fantastic Four DVD and its features. Anyone who wants to discuss the merits of the movie (or of other movies such as Batman Begins) should go to the appropriate threads in the Movies forum.

Popping into a thread like this just to trash the movie is thread-crapping, and that's been frowned on at HTF for a long, long time.

Thanks for your cooperation.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks