What's new

Fantastic Four Double-Dip (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
they could release it on june 12, but then it would complete against ghostrider special edition.. they did that with directors cut of daredevil and the theatre version of spidey 2. released them on the same day.

Jacob

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm glad I skipped over the first release for this movie and I love that it has both versions on disc 1. The extras seem very interesting and I hope the deleted scenes add to the story

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm a sucker for two disc SE's of comic book movies. I'm in, especially considering the theatrical cut is included.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
TheBat,

I was one of the ones who reviewed it over at the forums at superherohype.com.

Again, it's just a better, fuller version of this film. I can confirm that the film is indeed 20 minutes longer, making it two minutes shy of two hours, which should've been the length of the film in the first place.

The film, essentially, does not feel rushed any longer. I still think, as a whole, the problem with the film is the script...while still admitting that I think the film is fun as hell. This extended cut makes it a fuller experience all around.

I haven't hit the second disc yet but it looks pretty full.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thanks for giving out an early review on the fantastic four extended edition.

Jacob

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Cory S., if you have this new edition in your hands, please, when you give that second disc a spin in your player, could you tell me if the Jack Kirby documentary has subtitles in any language?

Thank you for your help.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I usually don't look at things like music videos on special features as "must have" but I am slightly disappointed that the new version does not include the two music videos from the first release: Anastacia featuring Ben Moody and Velvet Revolver.

Looking at the back cover scan, Fox continues its confusing practice of sometimes including and not including the word "anamorphic" under their "Widescreen" label. Of course, a movie like this would probably be anamorphic but it always makes me pause. And without the Internet for informative reviews that mention "anamorphicity," I would be completely frustrated trying to figure out if it was or not, returning it to the store if it was not.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

You may be waiting quite a while for that, especially given Fox's total absence from the Blu Ray scene for months now, and with no discs announced for the immediate future either. I also doubt given the sluggish sales of both formats they'd "double dip" this soon with so few discs on the market.

I would definitely check out the 2-disc edition. The extended cut as Cory mentioned is superior -- and it has full opening credits!

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Question. Is this the full version of the cut-down documentary from the Wal-Mart bonus disc?

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I picked this up today and I'm looking through the special features.

The Jack Kirby documentary is wonderful. This could have easily been a special on Ovation. Fantastic tribute to the King.

"The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" is good but too long and leisurely paced. The title sequence is literally two and a half minutes of panels. A shame they couldn't get the three greatest artists on the book; Jack Kirby, John Byrne or Mike Weiringo. I'm sure they approached Waid and Weiringo and searched for file footage of the late Kirby but it's still a glaring omission.

I haven't watched the extended edition but I have the commentary on. Tim Story seems the LEAST connected to this film. Sounds lilke he left the decidsion making to everyone else. Probably why this film comes off as bland and unfocused. Great comments from the screenwriter though.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel

yup its the full version of the walmart bonus dvd

walmart one was 48 minutes and the full one on the extended dvd is 97 minutes.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I was hoping that with thie new extended version, maybe they would finally release the 1960s animated series. I guess that will never see the light of day on a legit release...

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I was hoping for a release of the 60's cartoon also, my 5 year old nephew was watching some of the episodes on Boomerang last week and seemed to enjoy it. I watched the extended cut of the movie and it was really good, much better than the theatrical cut

Allen_Kir

Stunt Coordinator
I love the new little plot line with the blind girl...BUT i hated how the 2 scenes with REED and sue are the same thing twice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks