What's new

Exorcist: The Beginning (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Screen Daily reports that Paul Schrader's (shelved in favor of Renny Harlin's) version of Exorcist: The Beginning will premiere at the Brussels International Festival of Fantastic Film.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I already find the imagery of Schrader's version more creepy. Sometimes less is more, and Schrader's version has more of a rawness about it.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I also thought just the pix from Schrader's version looked creepier than Harlin's. But, on another note, I probably will at least rent Beginning Tuesday to check out the sounds.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I guess they needed a Sacrifical Lamb to go up against one of the biggest releases of the year...:thumbsdown:

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Roger Ebert gives Schrader's version what seems like a thumbs up in his Answer Man column. Looking forward to a full review.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Personally, I'm going to see Schrader's film before Star Wars so sacrificial lamb or not (though clearly it is) it will at least have my vote of $.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any word as to how they are going to market this? Since the second version has already been released (and pretty much widely panned) how are they going to get anyone (other than die-hards) to realize that this is a different film?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I guess they needed a Sacrifical Lamb to go up against one of the biggest releases of the year...

When Star Wars Episode II was released, did no other movie that weekend make money? Did the box office reports read: "1. Attack of the Clones - $97 million 2. Spider-Man and Everything Else - $0"

No, of course not. When people show up at the theater and can't get a ticket for Sith, or have no desire to see Sith, they look for alternatives. Can't get a ticket for Anakin falling to evil? Come see this other movie about possession by dark forces. Have no desire to see more SW prequels? Come see this Paul Schrader movie. OR -- the most radical idea of all -- come see both!

I'm happy the Schrader cut it is coming to cinemas, I'll definitely be seeing it opening weekend. I'll see Sith on Thursday, Schraeder's Exorcist on Saturday.

No problemo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks