What's new

Exclusive First Look: Twilight Time May/June 2014 Releases (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
bruceames said:
Weak. All of those seem pretty mediocre. I'd like to know any distinguishing features of any of these movies because nothing looks $30 tempting.
Ha, like all Blu-rays released, you either must have it, would quite like it, maybe if it's cheap...not interested. With me, Twilight Time is must-have or not interested. So far this year it's, not interested, but let's see what else they announce.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Before anyone starts pooh poohing the Thunderbirds release, the fanbase for Gerry Anderson's work is pretty healthy around the world. There was a Space:1999 convention in Burbank California just last year.

Now if we could only get the tv series on Blu Ray here in the states, and without those cropped 16:9 transfers used in the UK.

And some Ebay scalper has a listing for this already!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 06/01/2014​
Twilight Time is proud to announce in our continuing series of outstanding International films on Blu-Ray - from Director Paul Greengrass - introducing his memorable signature film…
“RESURRECTED”
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JUNE 10TH, 2014
“Combining a Falklands story with the broader theme of institutionalised bullying within the armed forces, this provocative and punchy drama attacks both issues with fierce intelligence.”
Time Out London
“You’d need a heart of stone not to be saddened by this uncensored depiction of lost youth—and lost life…filled out by the burgeoning talents of Paul Greengrass and David Thewlis.”
—Robert Zak, Roobla
The career-launching movie from director Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Ultimatum) and actor David Thewlis (Naked), Resurrected (1989) is a documentary-style film based on the true story of a Falklands soldier who turns up alive after being presumed dead and accorded a military funeral with full honors. With a tough screenplay by Martin Allen, the film makes no bones about the innocent soldier’s subsequent brutalization by his military comrades and fellow townspeople. A Berlin International Film Festival award-winner.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time is proud to announce the definitive version in stunning Blu-Ray, of Anthony Mann’s venerable western classic…
“THE MAN FROM LARAMIE”
“One of Mann’s cleanest, clearest films, constructing an elaborate but ultimately lucid network of character relationships, all of them perverse.” —Dave Kehr, The Chicago Reader
“Visually impressive, psychologically complex, and sometimes brutally violent…it’s 24-carat stuff.” Time Out London
Director Anthony Mann’s The Man from Laramie (1955), written by Philip Yordan and Frank Burt and photographed by the incomparable Charles Lang, stars James Stewart in the last of his five-film collaboration with Mann. Here, Stewart is a man with an agenda, determined to avenge the death of his brother and stumbling into a hornet’s nest of family dysfunction when he encounters the troubled Waggoman clan, New Mexico ranchers who make the tale of King Lear look like a children’s story. This Twilight Time version offers a new 4k transfer, re-mastered from the original negative, giving us the film in magnificent 2.55 for the first time since its initial release.

This is the first time this feature has been released in its original full 2.55 aspect ratio. Feature was transferred at 4k from the original negative. The 5.1 is newly mixed from the original ’55 4 track LCRS.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time leaves the station with news of the exciting “first-time” ever Blu-Ray release of John Frankenheimer’s unforgettable and powerful high adventure!
“THE TRAIN”
“A vivid melodrama through which Mr. Lancaster bolts with all that straight, strong, American sporting instinct and physical agility for which he is famous…a beautiful, hissing tangle.”
—Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
“A colorful, big-scale adventure opus…it is the trains themselves and some bangup special effects of bombing attacks and accidents that give the pic its main points.” Variety
“A rattling good thriller…an almost hypnotic fascination.”
Time Out London
John Frankenheimer’s cracking adventure thriller, The Train (1964), stars the one and only Burt Lancaster as a workaday World War II-era French trainman charged with ensuring that a cargo of irreplaceable French art—the pride and heritage of his nation—is not allowed to leave France, despite the machinations of a Nazi officer (the superb Paul Scofield), determined to steal these great works for Germany. Also starring Jeanne Moreau and Michel Simon, and featuring compelling black-and-white cinematography by Jean Tournier and Walter Wottitz and a thrilling score by Maurice Jarre, The Train is one of the icons of Sixties cinema.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time “goes to war” with the exciting “first-time” ever Blu-Ray release of John Huston’s unique story or survival and friendship - against overwhelming odds!
“HEAVEN KNOWS, MR.ALLISON”
“Stirring and entertaining…Mr. Mitchum is a rugged, blunt marine and Miss Kerr is a pretty, compassionate, resolutely devoted nun. In and among the action episodes…the personal drama is treated with tenderness and tact.”
Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
“An intriguing yarn…directed by John Huston…with a good measure of humor and bravado.”—Variety
With a clever script by director John Huston and screenwriting veteran John Lee Mahin, Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison (1957) stars Robert Mitchum as a no-nonsense Marine and Deborah Kerr as a dedicated nun: a decidedly odd couple stranded on a South Pacific island overrun by hostile Japanese forces during World War II. Their struggle to survive and their growing friendship are beautifully captured by the camera of superb cinematographer Oswald Morris, and given further support by composer Georges Auric’s lovely score (available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Twilight Time announces the “first-time” ever Blu-Ray release of Michael Winner’s riveting thriller with Charles Bronson at the top of his game!
“THE MECHANIC”
“The real action in this movie is psychological—two cobras circling each other.” —Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
“Michael Winner keeps the tempo at fever-pitch…in this action-drenched gangster yarn.”Variety
“Director Michael Winner brings a cast together that makes you feel as if you are there doing the job with the actors. The scenery is fantastic and the action keeps you on the edge of your seat.”
—Christopher Granger, Tampa Bay Examiner
Director Michael Winner’s The Mechanic (1972) stars his long-term collaborator, the sui generis Charles Bronson, as a hardened professional hitman who’s feeling the strains of his profession. He joins forces with a ruthless up-and-comer (Jan-Michael Vincent) in a partnership that wavers between sustaining and profoundly dangerous. Featuring a spectacular score from the one and only Jerry Fielding, available on this Twilight Time release as an isolated track.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm very excited about The Man From Laramie. I'll pre-order at the first opportunity.

Heaven Knows Mr. Allison will probably look superb in HD. It looks pretty good in standard definition. I might buy The Train. I've never been as enthusiastic about this film as I am about other Frankenheimer movies but I don't have it on DVD so maybe . . . .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robin9 said:
I'm very excited about The Man From Laramie. I'll pre-order at the first opportunity.

Heaven Knows Mr. Allison will probably look superb in HD. It looks pretty good in standard definition. I might buy The Train. I've never been as enthusiastic about this film as I am about other Frankenheimer movies but I don't have it on DVD so maybe . . . .
Wow, I think it's one of Frankenheimer's best films. One of my favorites that I fail to lists on my top 50 favorite films. :rolleyes: Getting old I'd guess, can't even remember all of my favorite films even though I probably have 500 of them.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Robert Crawford said:
Wow, I think it's one of Frankenheimer's best films. One of my favorites that I fail to lists on my top 50 favorite films. :rolleyes: Getting old I'd guess, can't even remember all of my favorite films even though I probably have 500 of them.
The Train HD stream on Vudu looks outstanding....the BD should be awesome.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
John Hermes said:
The Train HD stream on Vudu looks outstanding....the BD should be awesome.
Don't get me started since I bought that digital HD copy of it from Vudu. Needless to say, I'm buying this BD too.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Based upon my wallet running out of the room, I shall be buying all of these at the earliest opportunity :D Most excited about "The Train" and "The Man From Laramie".

Regards,

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It should be noted that The Train DVD, while wide screen, was not anamorphic. For that reason alone, I'm upgrading. Now if they could just get their hands on The Hallelujah Trail!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thomas T said:
It should be noted that The Train DVD, while wide screen, was not anamorphic. For that reason alone, I'm upgrading. Now if they could just get their hands on The Hallelujah Trail!
THE TRAIN will be a first hour order for me. And agree with you on THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
You Americans are fortunate to have labels like TT. Can you imagine, all those classics on BD? Gosh knows when (and how) we poor Brazilians will see such thing. :unsure:

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Kino Lorber is the newest label to license MHM titles on Bluesy. Already announced are Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Witness For the Prosecution, Marty and others. . Between MHM proper,Criterion, Shout Factory, Twilight Time and now Kin, I think MHM has great coverAge.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Louis Letizia said:
Kino Lorber is the newest label to license MHM titles on Bluesy. Already announced are Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Witness For the Prosecution, Marty and others. . Between MHM proper,Criterion, Shout Factory, Twilight Time and now Kin, I think MHM has great coverAge.
Lol. Isn't that MGM? Your spell check is as bad as mine. But you are correct. We have more of chance to get our favorite films from them than any of the other companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks