What's new

EWS: A Critical Reevaluation (1 Viewer)

Earl_K

Auditioning
It never ceases to amaze me how much people over analyze this movie. You could make Showgirls a masterpiece viewing it the way some view EWS. After reading countless explanations of this film I've come to the conclusion that no one knows what the hell it is about. The Kubrick family should just come out with a book explaining what Kubrick meant to end all this nonsense.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
It never ceases to amaze me how much people over analyze this movie. You could make Showgirls a masterpiece viewing it the way some view EWS. After reading countless explanations of this film I've come to the conclusion that no one knows what the hell it is about. The Kubrick family should just come out with a book explaining what Kubrick meant to end all this nonsense.
smiley_jawdrop.gif
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

------------------
Link Removed

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
Although the review is quite long, it does make some good points. Kubrick didn't put anything in his films that was useless. So every book, painting, name, line has some significance to what he is trying to say or portray. I would call it overanalyzation if it was anyone but Kubrick.
Seb
------------------
Tall ships and tall kings
Three times three
What brought they from the foundered land
Over the flowing sea?
Seven stars and seven stones
And one white tree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks