What's new

Energy: Take 5 versus 5.2 (1 Viewer)

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone had a chance to audition both of these sets...
I'm curious as to how much better the 5.2's are over the 5's... Take 5 can be found for $300-350, but I haven't see the 5.2's for under $550.
Is there that much of a difference? Just Curious.
I can't buy them now anyways... (weddings are expensive too!) but really just wanted to know if anyone's directly compared the two sets...
Thanks,
--kyle

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know how they sound, but you can get them without the subwoofer for $440 from Soundpros. I am probably going to order a set tonight or tomorrow so I'll let everyone know how they sound next week.

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Those guys (soundpros) are like 10 miles from where I live... I may to drive over there and check them out...
Thanks for the soundpros tip... They have good prices. There's still about a $150 difference... I'm just wondering if the 5.2's are that much better...
--kyle

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
The guys at Soundpros are first class all the way. I ordered from them not knowing anything about them and have used them ever since. They e-mail back at all hours of the night and will even call and talk with you if you have a question. I usually get an e-mail response within an hour.
I asked them and they said there is a noticeable improvement in sound between the Take 5 and 5.2's.

JoelW

Stunt Coordinator
We've been trying to get in contact with Enery about reviewing the new 5.2 system, but we haven't heard anything from them yet. Supposedly, shortly after they released the 5.2 they were supposed to seek out independant reviewers and get some reviews out, but so far we haven't had any luck.
I'll let you know if something happens.
------------------
Joel White
Editor CheapHomeTheater.com

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Actually Good Guys has been blowing out the original Take 5 speakers for as low as $199. I got mine for $249 4 months ago and I saw them for $199 two weeks ago. That's quite a diffence even if the 5.2 can be had for $440.
I haven't compared the two speakers but Good Guys does have the 5.2 in a listening room.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
from what I've seen of the 5.2's the drivers are a little larger which might help their bass response enough so that they blend better with a true subwoofer. I think one of the trade mag's did a review of the 5.2 system if I'm not mistaken that might help clear things up
------------------
http://www.attcanada.ca/~itisi

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks