What's new

Emergency! Season #6 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Lecagr

With the problems NBC/Universal is having these days, I want to see an official release date for season 6 before I get my hopes up. Show me a release date, then and only then will I believe that this DVD set is coming out.

LOL this is funny, yesterday I post the above comment and today I see the announcement of season 6 for April 13. At least the official release date is out now, this is good news. Many great episodes in the 6th season, Santa Rosa County, Isolation, Firehouse Quintet, etc. Looking forward to it!

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Younger, it's not nice to copy and post the text from TV Shows on DVD. Dave and Gord are VERY particular about that. They would rather you link to the page and copy and paste the text. I'm sure they;'ll respond to that one.

April 13th, Troops.

Cajun, remember, post the release date along with the link ...

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm happy to see the series is getting completed, but hope the TV movies are also released, along with the short-lived spinoff and the cartoon. They actually could put the spinoff and the cartoon into one package and just release that, can't be more than six discs, right?

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
I'm not all that concerned with the animated series nor the movies. I'm just glad that the last regular season is being released.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The series won't be completed until the movies are released. They're part of the series just like the final episodes of Little House on the Prairie that were in a two hour format are. All it was was a format change that followed immediately after season 6. They're not a revival or remake that came years later like the Get Smart movies in the 80s were (Which I don't think many would argue as being considered part of the original run of the show).

I didn't understand the doubt I was reading on here yesterday so soon after we recieved assurances that this release was still in the works. Glad to see the naysayers were proved wrong so quickly since I'm looking forward to this release. :)

They could just about fit Sierra into the Emergency! Movies set and remain at 5 DVD's. We're seeing them put 24 hour episodes into a 5 DVD package for Emergency already, including some disc each time with 5 episodes on them. The Emergency movies will be the equivalent of 12 one hour long episodes. Then, Sierra has 13 one hour long episodes. In addition, Sierra's finale is a two hour movie that basically equals 2 one hour long episodes.

So, the 6 Emergency movies and Sierra's full run equals approximately 27 hour long episodes. We've seen 5 episodes of Emergency! on disc in these sets before, so they can easily fit 25 hour long episodes in a 5 disc set.

So maybe there's a chance, even if they have to compress some of the Sierra episodes a bit to try to squeeze 6 episodes on two of the disc.

It would make for a good pairing since Sierra shares many similarities with Emergency and it would give us a full set. At a minimum, I'll be disappointed and be criticial of a movies set that doesn't at least include the crossover episode of Sierra.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

The series won't be completed until the movies are released. They're part of the series just like the final episodes of Little House on the Prairie that were in a two hour format are. All it was was a format change that followed immediately after season 6. They're not a revival or remake that came years later like the Get Smart movies in the 80s were (Which I don't think many would argue as being considered part of the original run of the show).

I didn't understand the doubt I was reading on here yesterday so soon after we recieved assurances that this release was still in the works. Glad to see the naysayers were proved wrong so quickly since I'm looking forward to this release. :)

I'm not a naysayer, I'm just skeptical of any DVD release until a release date is announced. I am glad season 6 of Emergency! has been announced for April 13, we can now look forward to having this in our DVD libraries soon.

As far as the cartoon series Emergency +4 or Sierra, I'm not really interested in those, those shows were not very good anyway. While the post series Emergency! movies are not as good as the series episodes, I'll probably get those if they end up getting released. Right now I'm satisfied to be able to complete the 6 season series.

In 1974, ABC tried to capitalize on the success of Emergency! with a show of their own called Firehouse. I have a vague rememberance of it, it wasn't as good as Emergency! and only lasted about 13 episodes. Still, would be interesting to see the show again if it ever comes out on DVD.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Can you recall what you didn't like about Sierra? You're the first person I've seen at various places over the years like boards dedicated to Emergency! that didn't fondly remember Sierra after watching it when it originally aired. It appears as if it died due to low ratings due to competition on rival networks, rather than quality issues.

Many of the people that did happen to catch it seemed to enjoy it and stick with it during it's short life (Of course, my unofficial poll is hardly scientific or composed of a large number of individuals, but it is my impression of this show after hanging out at various forums over the years).

I've been lucky to view several episodes recently and I think it's very well done and would complement the Emergency! movies well. They share many similarities, similar high production values, and is Emergency!'s only spinoff (Not counting the kid's cartoon). There's even a crossover episode with the paramedics from Emergency! featured in one of the episodes. Deserves some attention at long last, even when it orginally aired it went largely unnoticed.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'd also like to see Firehouse released on DVD along with the Show that preceeded it (Chopper One) Both of these (as well as Sierra) had the misfortune of running against the Powerhouse Series known as The Waltons which is probably why they didn't last long.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by LeoAmes

Can you recall what you didn't like about Sierra? You're the first person I've seen at various places over the years like boards dedicated to Emergency! that didn't fondly remember Sierra after watching it when it originally aired. It appears as if it died due to low ratings due to competition on rival networks, rather than quality issues.

Many of the people that did happen to catch it seemed to enjoy it and stick with it during it's short life (Of course, my unofficial poll is hardly scientific or composed of a large number of individuals, but it is my impression of this show after hanging out at various forums over the years).

I've been lucky to view several episodes recently and I think it's very well done and would complement the Emergency! movies well. They share many similarities, similar high production values, and is Emergency!'s only spinoff (Not counting the kid's cartoon). There's even a crossover episode with the paramedics from Emergency! featured in one of the episodes. Deserves some attention at long last, even when it orginally aired it went largely unnoticed.

I saw a few episodes of Sierra during it's original run, I found it to be somewhat dull and not as interesting compared to Emergency! But if Sierra ever comes out on DVD, I may change my mind and give it another chance. With the garbage that's on TV today, many of these older shows tend to play much better the second time around years later down the line.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by Lecagr /forum/thread/292856/emergency-season-6-and-beyond/30#post_3649047

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I just reread the release announcement at TVShowsonDVD and it states that Sierra had 11 episodes.

I have no clue if the numbers I provided were accurate (Grabbed them off Wikipedia real quickly). But if TVShowsonDVD is accurate, that means that Sierra basically has 12 one hour episodes (With one movie in those 11 episodes that was two hours long).
Those 12 hours of content as a bonus, combined with the 12 hours of the Emergency movies, puts us at basically 24 hour long episodes. That's the same amount as season 5 and the upcoming season 6 release, which they've been easily fitting into a 5 disc set.

I really hope they give that serious consideration for a movies set to provide us with a full set of content equivalent to to the season releases we've been getting.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
based on tv.com there was 14 episodes for Sierra. I am not sure this show will ever be released, unless they plan to package with movies for Emergency! or as a separate set.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Anyone have a guess as to what the main color will be for the box art on season 6? Season 1 was blue, 2 was red, 3 was orange, 4 was purple, 5 was green. What color will season 6 be? I'm thinking brown perhaps, maybe grey, or maybe they'll use blue or red again.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by younger1968

based on tv.com there was 14 episodes for Sierra. I am not sure this show will ever be released, unless they plan to package with movies for Emergency! or as a separate set.
Maybe the movies and Sierra AND the cartoon could be all in one box. Can't be over five discs, right?

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The 6 movies and Sierra would be pushing it, if not be a bit over the limit for 5 single sided DVD's unless quality was sacrificed.

There's no chance of fitting the 6 movies, Sierra, and over 20 half hour episodes of Emergency +4 without upping the number of disc by several.

My money is on yellow.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Then seems like a movie package for one and Sierra and the cartoons as another. I would have liked to have had both as a done-in-one to increase the odds we would get everything, but seems unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks