Emergency! Season #6 and beyond

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by younger1968, Sep 13, 2009.

1. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young

I thought i read somewhere that the cost of show was getting too high, so, they decided to cancel and/or not renewed. I also think 6 years is a pretty good run time and that maybe it was time to end the show.

I am glad to have S1-S6 on dvd.

2. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    i pre-order my set the other day. The dvd cover does not look correct, but, i am guessing the universel has not finalized the cover. In any case i am still looking forward to completing my Emergency! set. I love this show and would deem it one of the classic firefighting shows ever produced.

3. LeoA

LeoA Screenwriter

Leo
    What's wrong with the cover? They spend their fair share of time in their gear in the movies.

Showing them wearing regular pants and a shirt isn't going to attract many buyers, which is what it's designed to do. People like us are going to buy the set irregardless of what the cover art looks like, so making the cover art more representative of how they generally look in the movies to please us isn't as important.

I'm most disappointed that we're not getting that Sierra crossover episode. I really thought that at least had a shot. I knew dreaming for the entire run of Sierra or Emergency +4 was extremely unlikely and was just wishful thinking (Although they'd of been enough room to include one of the two if the same number of disc as the last few seasons of Emergency had been retained for this release), so I can't hold that against them.

But I don't see any good reason why that crossover episode isn't included.

4. Jack P

Jack P Producer

Well if Sierra was never transferred to tape at any time over the years, I think that would explain it. Universal I doubt would lay out extra to do a remaster job on one episode of a short-lived series. And keep in mind we already have the precedent of the missing episode of "The D.A" that concluded a story begun on an "Adam-12" S4 episode that Shout! made an effort to find but couldn't for use on the set.