Dvdplanet Question...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarcoBiscotti, Mar 2, 2004.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Has anyone ordered from them before?

I'd like to place an order for some Criterion DVD's but am hesitant due to the feedback that's been posted here: http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/vreviews2

Can anyone offer any advice on this e-tailer, are they really that sketchy? Some of the comments I have read seem appaling, I don't want to deal with any of that sort of business.

What's everyone's oipinion of this company?

Thanks!

2. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

3. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Tommy, is it a risk in ordering though? I don't want to have to get into a fight just to recieve the DVD's I'd be purchasing. Customer service is one thing, but charging customers and not delivering the goods is something else!

4. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Use at your own risk. After over 10 years of ordering from them, I stopped last year, and no longer even consider them.

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Thanks Brian, I don't need the stress than, doesn't seem worth it. I'll look elsewhere for my Criterions.

6. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Marco, I think you meant thanks George. If you want to look elsewhere, you may want to check out deepdiscountdvd.com. They would be the next best price for criterions and it is fee shipping and they send an e-mail right away.

7. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Just an FYI that DVDPlanet did indeed deliver on my order. I just wish it didn't take 2 phone calls to make sure the dvds arrived.