What's new

Drew Carey Show Season 9 edits (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I have been suspecting that the first of each Wednesday's two episodes has it's final scene removed. Of course, without credits, it's hard to tell. Sometimes the last scene 'feels' like it should be running over the credits, but then it's often the end of a very long scene so I think it can't be.

The reason I mention it is that we never saw Drew's dad die!

We saw the 'summary' before the season premiere that told us he had died. We saw the episode where Drew was upset that his dad was dead. And we saw an episode where Drew's dad fell off the roof which ended with the audience laughing uproariously.

Am I right in thinking that there would have been a tag scene on this episode that revealed that Drew's dad had died?

Anyone see it live when it was being recorded?

Anyone know if 50% of this season was indeed missing it's tag scene?

Anyone looking forward to the series finale next Wednesday?

Mr. Wick, Mr. Wick, Mr. Wick, Mr. Wick - Yay.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I can tell you that some of this season's episodes are being shown out of sequence.

It should be obvious since Drew's girlfriend announced that she was pregnant in the third episode this season, but in the episodes they're showing now she's not yet pregnant. Also the season started with Mimi living in Drew's place, but it wasn't until later that they showed the episode that explained that she moved in when Gus burned down her house.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty strange for all of the past 3-4 week's of episodes to be the early 9th season episodes that are now being shown at the tale end of the summer burn-off of the Drew Carey show.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
It seems to me that they wanted to kick-start the Drew/Kelly having a baby story so skipped to the middle of the season so that we would get hooked.

Sadly it looks like only 3 or 4 million people a week have been watching it.

I thought that with the consistent Wednesday @ 9:00 schedule (unlike last summer) an audience might build, but I guess I was wrong.

I have heard that some people were turned off by the 'recap' during the season premiere that made it look like they'd missed a whole lot of episodes and therefore people didn't want to jump in in the middle of a season so just didn't watch.

Possibly a miscalculation on ABC's part, but they certainly gave it a chance with the old Wednesday 9:00 slot and zero pre-emptions.

Now maybe with a little more advertising...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks