What's new

Dragonfly Squadron Contest: Win A Copy on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

LeeBob

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee Solheim
Creature from the Black Lagoon.

As a high school student in the late 70's*, I saw this at the Uptown theatre in Mpls. in a 3D double feature with "Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone".

Having grown up with a love of the Universal Monsters from a weekly dose of "Horror Incorporated" on one of the local channels, it was great to see Creature in it's original 3D! Spacehunter barely registered with me; it was all about the Black Lagoon!.

*Edited post: Per a separate thread on the forum I now see that apparently Spacehunter came out in 1983, so I should have said, "As a college student home for a break in the early 80's..."
I do recall Spachunter glorifying in the "out of the screen and in your face" type of 3D, so it might be fun to see this released in blu-ray 3D at some point, but the plot, story etc. was less than memorable.

I see lot's of love on the site for "House of Wax" - it's on my "to buy" list - Vincent Price at his macabre best - I have only seen this in standard TV as a kid - again curtesy of "Horror Incorporated".

Real Name
Bill
I don't know that I can completely single one out, but I was pretty impressed by the 3D in "Oz, the Great and Powerful."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks