What's new

Do You Re-Gift? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, the holiday season is upon us. Do you give away stuff you have received over the course of the year? I found myself combing through my closets for misc. gifts that I have received but have never even opened them because I didn't want them and was too lazy to take them back for store credit. So, I'll probably "re-gift" around 5 items this year. :)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Absolutely. Especially when DVD SEs appear that my relatives have no idea about...
*cough*AlmostFamous*cough*
:)

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
So, I'm not the only one giving away Almost Famous this year. :) I'm not much of a re-gifter, but I do tend to return quite a few gifts.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I did once.My inlaws always gave me crap gifts,shaving sets etc,not even electric,just the ones you can grab on the impulse shelf by the check out.

So one year I gave a shaving set to my grandfather.We were/are not close at all and I had forgotten to get him a give.He seemed very pleased with it.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'll regift for relatives who have me stumped for a purchase. I was going to buy an uncle a DVD when a friend of mine got me a duplicate Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD for my birthday. So instead of buying him Rush Hour 2 or whatever, I just rewrapped the still-sealed Holy Grail.

Ideally, I'd prefer to neither purchase nor receive gifts, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just realized why I do a lot of re-gifting: My birthday is a week before Christmas, so I find myself with some gifts that just don't do it for me, and thus, find their way towards others. :)

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I never regift... I enjoy finding that right something special for those I get gifts for... If I get something I absolutetly don't want or would enjoy, goodwill seems to work for those items.

~Kurt

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now that I have a large plumbing bill staring me in teh face, you bet I'm re-gifting like a madman this year! :)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
A certain good friend of mine, who just happens to be girl, gave me the "Finding Forrester" dvd..

I never opened it.. so I'm returing it for cash to by her flowers..

Nathan

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
My first re-gift ever: Forrest Gump. I had an extra one layin around....why the hell not, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks