What's new

Do you know what I love about Paramount (1 Viewer)

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
Bilingual cover art is a purely Canadian thing so the simple solution is to buy from the US. Problem solved. Done! I like what Paramount is doing as it reflects a very Canadian attitude. I always thought the great things about capitalism was the fact that we have a "choice". So exercise that choice. People form non-region one areas that are complaining about region one issues should take a step back and think for a moment about how lucky they are to even be able to purchase discs from another region. The mods are right lets get some perspective here folks.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
However, one has to agree that if Paramount were completely doing their job to satisfy the DVD purchasers one way or the other, we wouldn't have to argue over any of the topics we criticize them for.
The only way Paramount could satisfy every DVD purchaser would be to custom-press every DVD with content and packaging prepared exactly to the specifications of each individual consumer. And if that pipe dream constitutes a studio doing their job "properly," then no studio will ever do a proper job...

DJ

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would never not buy a dvd because I didn't like the cover, now THAT'S going too far IMO.

To take that sentiment further still, there are certain releases that I would love to have even if they came in a plain white "no frills" case with the title in big black letters across the front. :)

To those that wouldn't buy a dvd because of the cover art, I ask this question, why not just buy the dvd in question...and then throw the cover away? You still have the disc and your no worse off because you don't have the artwork you wanted to avoid in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks