What's new

Do you have a favorite TV show moment or episode? (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
More of my faves:

Sanford and Son - "The TV Addict": Lamont tries to discourage Fred from watching TV by nailing a picture of Aunt Esther to the TV!

Magnum, P.I. - "Home From the Sea": Magnum trapped in the ocean. The final moments of this are powerful.

Family Ties - "Lost Weekend": the parents want to spend a weekend with their disinterested kids before the new baby arrives.

Happy Days - "The Lemon": Richie and Potsie buy a used car and it rolls into the lake with their girls in the back seat.

Three's Company - "The Older Woman": Janet and Chrissy think Jack is going to marry Mrs. Roper's elderly aunt.

WKRP - "Fish Story": Johnny and Venus are doing the drunk test; Herb (in a carp suit), Les, and Bailey brawl in the men's room with the WPIG pig.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
and the perfect use of the song Winter by Josh Radin. It is truly one of the best episodes of any sitcom ever in my opinion.

kevin

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Three from Frasier:

1. On the first episode that Lilith appears she calls Frasier's show and asks if he is still "dispensing advice pellets from his psychiatric pez dispenser". Frasier tells Roz that she is fired for putting the call through and she holds up a sign say "I'm union".

2. The episode where the gay station manager is invited for dinner by Fraiser. He thinks that Fraiser is gay. Niles and Fraiser are outside the apartment and Niles has to tell Fraiser what is actually going on. The look of glee on Niles' face makes me cry with laughter.

3. A sublime episode where we see Fraiser's girl friend de jour as his old high school gym coach played by Bob Hoskins.

Also have to agree with the "phone cop" and "Thanksgiving" episodes of WKRP.

Homicide is a gold mine of unforgettable moments.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Ed: Pretty Girls and Waffles-At the end, when Ed tosses waffles against Carol's window. Just melts my heart

Sex and the City: The Real Me-Carrie falls flat on her face on the runway during a fashion show. Stanford exclaims, "Oh my God! She's fashion road kill!" Another classic moment in that episode is where the gang talks about Charlotte's depressed vagina. That episode had me laughing for days.

The Sopranos: The Knight in White Satin Armor-The last scene, where Tony is sitting on the couch, after having cleaned up Janice's (literal) mess with Ritchie. The Annie Lennox song, "I Saved the World Today," is playing." You could just feel the weight of the world on Tony's shoulders. Gave me chills.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
"Oh my God, that is so not the opposite of hiding someone's clothes."

The entire episode the one with the Embrios, especially when the guys win the apartment.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It's already been mentioned, but "Two Cathedrals" from The West Wing is one of the most compelling episodes of prime-time television I've ever seen.

I laughed for 30 minutes after the final "it's all a dream" episode of Newhart... and although it was not a favorite moment, I groaned for almost as long at the episode of Dallas on which that premise was based.

The whole Hollywood Trip season of I Love Lucy was memorable.

The "Oh my god they're TURKEYS!" episode from WKRP...the post Who concert episode...

- Steve

LizH

Second Unit
Xena -- Xena's prayer in "Return of Callisto" (I still get a lump in my throat when I see it.)

Star Trek: Voyager -- "The Gift" and "The Raven" (Stunning acting by Jeri Ryan in both eps. :emoji_thumbsup: )

Birds of Prey -- The Pilot and "Lady Shiva".

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Frasier:

During a Halloween episode a few years back, Frasier is dressed as Dr. Sigmund Freud, while his dad is dressed as Mickey Mantle.

Martin: "Frasier, don't you know who I am?"

Martin turns, shows off Mantle's famous number on the back of the uniform he's wearing.

Frasier:"Ummm....sure I know who you are....Baseball Man..?"

Then later on Ross comes in, and Frasier asks her if she knows who he is.

Frasier, showing off the grey beard he has on: "...the father of modern psychology....?"

Ross still doesn't get it.

Frasier:"I'm Sigmund Freud for God's sake!"

Ross:" I thought you were the butler from Batman!"

Millennium

The ending of the second season finale: Frank is shown with completely white hair, holding his daughter. His wife has died of the horrible virus, and from the sound of the radio reports it looks as if the rest of country is succumbing to it as well. Best finale ever produced by Ten Thirteen Prod.

End of Day One Jack's wife is dead.

Homicide

At the end of the "Croisetti" episode: Lewis finally accepts that, yes, his partner did kill himself after all.

The X-Files

Too many to list, but the Cigarette Smoking Man is shot!

Nowhere Man

Obscure conspiracy thriller series from the mid-90s that only lasted a season, but had a crazy finale:
He's Gemini, not Thomas Veil!

Voyager

The only episode I can remember of this series was the "Year of Hell" two-parter. Yes, everything is reset at the end of the episode, but that doesn't make the drama that took place beforehand any less powerful. The ending scene where Kurtwood Smith's character puts down his work (and never develops the time machine we assume) was done perfectly.

Star Trek

"The City on the Edge of Forever"
McCoy mutters, "I could've saved her, Jim!" and Spock replies, "He knows, Doctor...he knows."

I've heard Harlan Ellison do nothing but complain about how his script was mangled on this show, but I frankly find it to be perfect.

Next Generation

"The Inner Light"
Picard lives a lifetime in the space of an hour, and plays the flute from the alien artifact at the end.

"Tapestry"
Picard realizes the boldness of his youth made him the man he is today.

"The Best of Both Worlds"
Trek's best season finale and opener, ever.

DS9

"The Visitor"
The elder Jake Sisko waits for his final visitor of the night.

Hhmm, I think I watch too much TV.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
ST:TOS City on the Edge of Forever and Amok Time
ST:TNG The Inner Light -- maybe my all time favorite Star Trek Franchise episode

MASH -- April Fools -- Daniel Webster Tucker. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life at an episode particularly the second time being in on the joke.

Newhart finale for just the final 2 minutes with Suzanne returning.

Cheers -- too many to list. Rescue Me and I Do and Adieu stand out.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Malcolm & Eddie
Eddie singing the theme to Sanford & Son with some words he made up:
’Fred Sanford’
‘Fred Sanford had a truck’
‘And a son Lamont’

Family Guy
Peter singing the theme to Land of the Lost

Newhart – Harley bidding on everything that comes up by saying, “I’ll give you 50 cents for it”

I Married Dora – the final scene
“It’s been cancelled”
“Your flight?”
“The Show.”

Dallas – J.R.’s scheme finally revealed. Overnight he opens up a chain of gas stations with the shocking price of 89 cents a gallon!

Seinfeld in one of the first episodes where they come up with an overly convoluted story about why they’re hanging out in the lobby of this girl’s building and after they’ve successfully managed to tell her the story with no errors, George adds, “and I’m an architect”

Mad About You – Mark (after discussions of what men are attractive)
“You ever watch that Remington Steele?”

Best of the West
Judge: “I order you to be taken from this courtroom to a place of public execution, upon which the charges against you will be read one final time, after which you shall be hung by the neck until dead.”

Frog “And then what?”

Frannie's Turn
The husband (an exterminator) after his wife gets upset with him for refusing to kill a bug for her.
"When I come home, I leave Mr. Grim Reaper on the curb."

The Famous Teddy Z
The grandmother (speaking in a Greek accent) not believing Teddy about his line of work when she finds out how much money Teddy has made.
"Drucks!"

Gordon St Pierre

Stunt Coordinator
An Episode of Miami Vice (Don't Know the Name)....Was a Girl named Kali & the Music was awesome ...Never forgot that Episode ..Saw its original run 20? years ago

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
The last few seconds of the finale of Newhart.

WKRP's Thanksgiving turkey drop.

The entire Brother Donnie episode of Just Shoot Me. "My pants are tight!"

The finale of Cheers.

The episode of Taxi where Jim is trying to get his license. "Slow down!"

The episode of Seinfeld when Susan died. This aired just a few weeks before my wedding. I had just moved into our new house, and was watching it alone, sitting on the bare floor in my living room, on my little TV I'd had since I was 13. The only furniture I had at the time was that TV, a roll-out bed I was borrowing, and a phone. When she died, I laughed for over 30 minutes. Once the laughter, cramps and tears subsided, I called my wife to tell her about it. She didn't think it was funny. At all.

Joe S

Second Unit
So many possibilities, but I always remember the Tim Conway "Dentist" skit from the Carol Burnett show. Had me in tears laughing the first time I ever saw it.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
You boys aren't old enough. The best episode of anything I've ever seen, and probably would ever see, was Requiem for a Heavyweight with Jack Palance and Ed Wynn, originally broadcast on the old "Playhouse 90" show in October, 1956. I recognized it as the best even though I was only seven at the time, and I've never come close to changing my mind.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The first moment I think of is from the Angel episode "Lullaby" when Darla stakes herself so that the baby inside her can live.

Tom#B

Stunt Coordinator
I Love Lucy is mentioned several times. How about when she is working in the candy factory and the conveyor belt keeps moving faster and faster and she starts stuffing the candy in her mouth and down her blouse.

A few people mentioned scenes from M*A*S*H*. How about: "Frank Burns eats worms. You tell 'em farret face."

There was also a scene from Friends when Ross is tasting some sort of food and he says it tastes like feet. It is particularly funny because he is truly laughing as he does the scene.

Seinfeld: "You kept making all the stops? Well, they kept ringing the buzzer."

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
NYPD Blue

Groundbreaking and Funny: "Ipsa this you pissy little bitch" in the first episode.

Touching: When John Kelly breaks the news of their father's death to sons of academy classmate Det. LaSalle. [Abandando Abandoned].

Daniel DeLawter

Stunt Coordinator

And mine, as well.

Newhart: Series Finale

All in the Family:
Archie doesn't get his Christmas bonus because of an error on the job.
Archie is stuck in an elevator with an elitist black man, a pregnant hispanic couple and a crazed Eileen Brennan.

Family Ties:
The aforementioned "grief" episode.

St. Elsewhere: Series Finale

ST DS9: Weyoun clone and Odo stranded in a runabout in the finale season.

LA Law: Arnie and Roxanne come crashing through the ceiling.

Cheers: Kelly's birthday party.
Norm's job at the brewery.

Who's the Boss: Tony sees Angela in the shower. (OK, that one's just because of Family Guy) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks