What's new

Do you have a favorite TV show moment or episode? (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Trying not to spoil here :)

Babylon 5 : Sleeping In Light when Sheridan is leaving Delenn to go for his Sunday drive.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer : Giles finds Jenny in "Passion"

Angel : Angel confronts Wesley in his hospital bed in Season 3, reminding him he is still Angel and not Angelus, and then....

Friends : Chandler, Ross and Joey try to hide the list they made on Chandler's computer, comparing Rachel and Julie.

X - Files : Scully finally sees "proof" with her own eyes in Within/Without.

ER : definitely when the team were trying to save Carter and the med student from a knife attack (forgot her name)

Star Trek Deep Space Nine : the final shot of the series with Jake Sisko looking out of the window as the camera pulls back from the station.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I thought of some more to add:

From Taxi:
When Jim thinks his his horse has been sleeping, but it really has died.
When the wrecking ball goes through Jim's apartment and when he sets fire to Louie's apartment later on in the episode.
When Jim takes his driver's test.
When Jim tells Alex about the time he hit rock bottom while taking some peyote with a Native American guy in the desert.

From the Simpsons:
Homer eats the chili that Chief Wiggum made and he sees all kinds of weird things.
Homer and Ned go to Las Vegas.
Homer is in 3D in one of the Halloween episodes.
Homer putting the stuff from the 2 hippies' secret garden into their juice and the results.

From I Love Lucy:
When Lucy has the eggs in her shirt and they get mushed.
All the little baby chickens that Lucy gets.

From Saturday Night Live:
When Steve Martin played King Tut.

Eric C D

Second Unit
Well, most of mine have been given, but I'll restate in order to add weight. And I do have a couple of ones I haven't seen mentioned.

Hill Street Blues, the spreading of Sgt. Esterhaus’ ashes. Make sure you stay til' the end.

Magnum PI, the end of “Did you see the Sunrise, Part II”. The first jaw-dropping moment I ever watched on TV.

WKRP, Thanksgiving Episode. My vote for funniest moment ever. Not only did I laugh so hard I cried, I fell off the couch. And I’d barely recovered and crawled back onto the couch when Gordon Jump completed the sentence, “As God is my witness, …” I still argue for this as the funniest ever over Mr Peanut or anything on MASH or Cheers, even if I loved all those (as well as Bob Newhart waking up with Susanne Pleshette)

Star Trek, TNG, Yesterday’s Enterprise. My choice for favorite ST episode - ever.

Star Trek, TNG, The Inner Light. If I were the Capt, I’d have retired. If it were real, you know he would have.

Babylon 5, Passing Through Gethsemane. Do you really understand forgiveness?

And because Bab 5 deserves more than one: Vir's finger-waggling good-bye to Mr. Morden.

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer; Becoming, Part II. Most heartbreaking moment ever.

And to end back on an up note: Saturday Night Live - most anything from the first 4 years. Dan Ackroyd and Jane Curtin on weekend update. Roseanne Roseannadanna, Bass-o-matic. Emily Litella. Colon Blow. Babwa Wawa. A Lincoln Continental ad we referred to as "precision circumcision." (OK, guess you had to see real add where they cut the diamond...) Anyway, it changed our dating habits in college to be sure we were home to watch this show.

enjoy!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
When peter tells chris about the dangers of drugs:
An actor in a 'peter' costume in mask (not animated): holy crap i am freaking out!

was also featured in a signature of a member awhile ago.

From coupling:
Jeff's naked office dance

When steve calms oliver down before he does the squelchy with Jane, saying how Jane is Oliver's Mount Everest, telling him "oliver, mount jane!... that wasnt supposed to be an order"

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Third Watch - when Bobby the paramedic was murdered

The Brady Bunch - Greg loses a bet and has to take Bobby on his date to the drive-in

The Partridge Family - the "home movies" episode

All in the Family - Mike wants Gloria to wear her new black wig in bed

Taxi - psychic Jim predicts Alex's death

Without a Trace - the two girls with the video camera disappear

Alice - they try to give up their bad habits

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Farscape - "I'm too old for this SHIT!"

Farmily Guy - "Because she'll pretty much have to."

The Simpsons - The Episode where Krusty is framed by Sideshow Bob. I believe this is the longest running continous plotline (i.e. Sideshow keeps coming back to off Bart) in Simpsons history.

24 Season 1 - The ultimate traitor is revealed.

Quantum Leap - Sam leaps back to Vietnam and saves his brother.

Batman The Animated Series - The Grey Ghost, voiced by Adam West. Batman teams up with a washed out actor who used to play his childhood hero (The Grey Ghost) on television. Very very well written, and set a benchmark for the series.

The Flash - Pilot Episode that introduced us to the character. This show was singlehandedly responsible for getting me back in to comics.

All in the Family - The episodes where Archie saves the transvestite by giving him/her mouth-to-mouth, and the Episode where a swastika is painted on the Bunkers' door by accident, and they're visited by a member of the jewish community for protection.

etc.

Moe.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
THE OFFICE - David Brent stands up from behind his desk after learning he has been fired. (I'm laughing at an idiot here at my desk just picturing the scene in my head. :) )

D

DAN NEIR

Before I start let me say, excellent thread topic. :emoji_thumbsup:
Just a few that come to mind,
Batman TAS: The Grey Ghost one already mentioned, Almost Got Em and the episode where Batman is put on trial with Two Face as the prosecutor and the Joker as the judge.
Buffy: The episode where Giles finds Jenny and then the scene between him and Buffy right after she saves him from Angelus.
The finale from season 2
The Prom episode when Angel breaks up with Buffy.
Season 5 The Body
Season 6 finale when Xander confronts Willow.
Angel: Season 5 Fred's last episode/scene with Wes.
When Connor lets Angel know that he remembers at the end of the episode.
When Cordy came back.
Wes' last scene with Illyria/Fred
Season 4 The returns of Faith, Angelus and Willow.
Season 3 Darla's sacrifice.
Season 1 Hero
The last scene with Angel and Faith in the rain when she breaks down in his arms.
And my all time fav of either show. I Will Remember You. The scene between Angel and Buffy as they watch the clock tick.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I saw the show, "I've got a secret" last night and the old guy who came on the show was a witness to a historical event.
When they put up the caption, " Was at Ford's theater the night Lincoln was shot", I just about spit out my beer.
He was 5 years old and he was worried about the guy who fell and hurt his leg. He did not know the president was shot.
He won $20 and a carton of Winston's!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Coupling, the whole dinner table scene in Inferno.

Buffy The climax of Who Are You?Faith-in-Buffy's beakdown

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
A couple from Angel (seasons 4 and 5):Shooting Skip in Inside Out and his father in Lineage. Both of these, especially the latter, left me in complete awe of what a badass Wesley had become. Then, Lineage ends on a very funny note and Spike and Angel attempt to cheer Wesley up by telling him about how they killed their parents.

Eric C D

Second Unit
Oooh, based on some other conversations, another category of favorite moments came up - these are't all-time go down in the annals of television favorite, just great giggles. You should see a common theme:

Picket Fences: Judge Henry Bone coming to the Halloween party dressed up as My Favorite Martian.

Lois & Clark: Tempus grabbing H.G. Wells' glasses and asking "who am I..." (along with the phrase "galactically stupid")

The entire episode of the 1995 Get Smart with the return of Bernie Kopell (otherwise a totally terrible series!). Here's one bit:
Zach: My father lied to me for years. He told me he worked at a greeting card company.
Jessica: Yes, I understand. My father told me he was a doctor on a cruise ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks