What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney Frozen - Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Mark-P said:
Personally I think it's unfortunate that children need to be "protected" from seeing wonderful films like Old Yeller, The Bridge to Terabithia, and Where the Red Fern Grows. But I guess every parent has his own way of doing things.
It depends on the age. I don't think, say, a 10-year-old needs to be protected from a downer ending, but younger kids? Sure. I certainly wouldn't want to explain the ending of Where the Red Fern Grows to my 3-year-old ("well sweetheart that bobcat gave the dog such big ouchies that he died, and then the other dog was so sad she died too") but she absolutely loved Frozen and I felt like it was perfectly appropriate for her (the more difficult stuff she was too young to understand and it wasn't spelled out so explicitly that she had it shoved in her face).

So yeah, in this case, I can certainly understand the question.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.