What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney Frozen - Need Advice (1 Viewer)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I need to get some feedback from adults that have gone to see Disney's Frozen animated movie. It's important if I go that it has a happy ending. Does the little, funny snowman die in the film or not return? That would be too upsetting for me taking some to see it and I must make sure before it does not end sad and the snowman lives for sure.

Hoping it's kid safe and friendly. Thanks for the movie info

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Happy ending. Exhilarating, actually. Olaf is tougher than he looks. Family love is at the heart of this film. Go!

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Mark Walker said:
Happy ending. Exhilarating, actually. Olaf is tougher than he looks. Family love is the heart if this film. Go!
Thanks, I wanted to make sure it was happy and a good family movie. I made the mistake of going to see a Pixar film, UP and that movie was way too sad for children and also meant for those older. So glad to hear Disney is still making great animations for the whole family. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I took my 5 year old niece and she loved it. Can’t stop talking about it. Olaf the snowman is great and don’t worry, the ending is happy happy happy. Go, enjoy. You will not regret it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My almost five year-olds have been singing the songs from the movie constantly. They keep asking to see YouTube videos of the trailer and some of the songs. The ending is uplifting and positive.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I guess we need a Spoiler forum just for posts like this so I'll know to stay away. I just don't understand the concept of knowing the ending beforehand. The whole point of the journey is to find the out the destination at the END! I actually know people who start reading a book be reading the last page first. Auuuugg!!!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mark-P said:
I guess we need a Spoiler forum just for posts like this so I'll know to stay away. I just don't understand the concept of knowing the ending beforehand. The whole point of the journey is to find the out the destination at the END! I actually know people who start reading a book be reading the last page first. Auuuugg!!!
In this case, I think the OP wanted to make sure that their kid wouldn't be bummed out by a sad ending. Having only seen the trailers for this movie, I have to admit that the idea that the happy looking snowman would die at the end even bummed my black heart out. :)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Well Mark brings up an interesting point. I've never understood why SOOOO many people want to know how a movie ends. I hear it at works constantly and have to have my MP3 around just incase I need something loud to avoid spoilers. A lot of people at work will ask me how movies end before they see them. On principle I refuse to tell them.

I've also never understood why so many documentaries (on actors, directors, films) have to show the endings and give everything away.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Michael Elliott said:
Well Mark brings up an interesting point. I've never understood why SOOOO many people want to know how a movie ends. I hear it at works constantly and have to have my MP3 around just incase I need something loud to avoid spoilers. A lot of people at work will ask me how movies end before they see them. On principle I refuse to tell them.
Once again, I get why the OP wants to know about this particular movie but excepting cases like that, I totally agree.

The real spoiler 'danger' is for TV viewing. Since Facebook and Twitter have convinced people (myself included) that their every thought is so interesting that it must be shared with the world, you don't even need an episode to finish to immediately see posts like "Awww, I can't believe they killed off the entire cast on The Walking Dead!" or "Holy crap, Walt killed 900 guys on Breaking Bad!" or "Whoa, Don Draper had sex with some random hot chick on Mad Men!". TV spoilers are a no man's land where you must see the episode as it airs or you have to stay off the internet for fear of being spoiled.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Geeze people, it was a very obvious post that CLEARLY stated what I wanted to know, regardless of my reasons. If you don't like something, don't complain or try to tell others not to ask. Unless you just have no reading comprehension at all, bypass the entire topic and ignore it. You also have the choice of FREE WILL and can stop reading at any point one chooses.

As TravisR points out twice now in his posts, my reasons were family and nothing posted here had any details about the movie except what I wanted to know, a happy ending and the snowman lives. I can get some of this info from other sites too of course, but I was just seeking some simple advice on this site for those that saw it without knowing the full details. That information was provided and I'm glad to know this.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Personally I think it's unfortunate that children need to be "protected" from seeing wonderful films like Old Yeller, The Bridge to Terabithia, and Where the Red Fern Grows. But I guess every parent has his own way of doing things.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mark-P said:
Personally I think it's unfortunate that children need to be "protected" from seeing wonderful films like Old Yeller, The Bridge to Terabithia, and Where the Red Fern Grows. But I guess every parent has his own way of doing things.
I know some parents of teenagers that refuse to let them watch Moonrise Kingdom.... :rolleyes:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jeffery_H said:
Geeze people, it was a very obvious post that CLEARLY stated what I wanted to know, regardless of my reasons. If you don't like something, don't complain or try to tell others not to ask. Unless you just have no reading comprehension at all, bypass the entire topic and ignore it. You also have the choice of FREE WILL and can stop reading at any point one chooses.As TravisR points out twice now in his posts, my reasons were family and nothing posted here had any details about the movie except what I wanted to know, a happy ending and the snowman lives. I can get some of this info from other sites too of course, but I was just seeking some simple advice on this site for those that saw it without knowing the full details. That information was provided and I'm glad to know this.
A Big problem with this topic, to start, with the title.You told us the name of the movie then without specifics asked for advice about the movie.So what do think people are going to do? They click and read it.Next time maybe your title will be more specific and say you need specific information about the end of a movie.You really shouldn't get mad at anyone who clicked into this and then were annoyed that the info on a characters ending was revealed. Besides the info was put in spoilers then YOU posted the info without spoiler.Insert a head shaking emoticon here. --->

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think the subject is fine. The initial post spelled out clearly what the discussion would be, so one could stop reading immediately to avoid any spoilers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I suppose, but it's still bordering on trouble I think.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Michael Elliott said:

I've also never understood why so many documentaries (on actors, directors, films) have to show the endings and give everything away.
I don't usually want to know the ending of a book, movie, tv show, etc. either. However, I don't see the need to impose my tastes on others. If I were asked, I'll say "are you sure you really want to know?" and if they assist, I'll provide the info. When some one asks me a question, and I have the answer, I think's it's at least impolite and probably inconsiderate not to answer.

I do agree that it's also inconsiderate for others to be broadcasting all the details of the plot to anyone within earshot whether they want to hear it or not. But how do you discuss a movie without talking at least to some degree about plot?

Now if they're asking for the six winning numbers, that I ain't gonna tell 'em. :)

BTW, Jeffery, you quoted Mark's spoilerized answer so that it is displayed in the clear. That defeats the intent of the spoiler tags. However, your first post did make it clear you wear asking for spoiler information. It would suggest in the future you put SPOILER and the heading of your thread.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
BTW, Jeffery, you quoted Mark's spoilerized answer so that it is displayed in the clear. That defeats the intent of the spoiler tags.
I fixed this. Although I personally don't think there is any vital info in Mark's post that needs to be spoilerized.

To say that a movie does or doesn't have a happy ending is not quite the same as, say, putting the final scene of the 1968 Planet of the Apes on the cover of the DVD.
speechless-smiley-034.gif

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mike Frezon said:
I fixed this. Although I personally don't think there is any vital info in Mark's post that needs to be spoilerized.

To say that a movie does or doesn't have a happy ending is not quite the same as, say, putting the final scene of the 1968 Planet of the Apes on the cover of the DVD.
speechless-smiley-034.gif
Maybe one day we get a BD cover of The Sound of Music showing the family boarding a train...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.