What's new

Dirty Harry from Warner on 6/3/08 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Well, I'm just getting the first film myself. Both Dirty Harry and Bonnie & Clyde look to be a bit superfluous in their packaging, but I've seen worse. Besides, it's always nice to have a classic film book on the coffee table to stir conversation.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Thanks Jesse. :emoji_thumbsup:

Well I guess having individual cases would have been really nice but its is kinda nice to see something different. Granted I wish I could have had regular Blu-ray cases for Harry Potter instead of the weird cardboard cases inside the simulated lugage set that they put out. But I guess I have gotten used to it is kinda different and I am more interested in having the 1080p transfers of the films now that I have been living with the set for awhile now. But at least the picture of the Dirty Harry Collection looks interesting in the picture. I guess once I have seen it in person I might change my mind? But I will be all over the Blu-ray version of these movies as soon as they are out. :D

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
WTF?! Don't go dissin the Dirty Harry badge man!

Seriously though I can also do without the junk they're including with this, though the book will be nice. I agree there should be an option to get this w/o the crap.

This isn't the first time they've done this though, remember that retarded "planet of the" Apes head, the toy Robbie the Robot, the Blade Runner Briefcase, Scarface coke mirror, the Dirk Diggler dildo, etc, etc.

bigluigi

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Primeau
Urrrrghhhhhhhh...Dirty Harry...again!! This film has simply worn me out. I've bought and watched this film in so many formats I think I can recite the dialog throughout the whole movie by heart. Bummer....and I will take a dare.:laugh: And so will Warners.....$35:eek: I'll pass.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Your not alone Paul. I am afraid i will have to pass on this. I just want the movies! Heck, Blade Runner is my favorite film, and i bought the Blu-ray set WITHOUT the briefcase. Wish i had that option now. If it was cheaper, i might buy it anyway, and just throw the junk away. But i have no doubt Warner will do a movie only set sooner, rather than later. I hope!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
FYI, the set is 99.99 at the WB online store. With the 25% off code of the month (currently MRBM8), you can score it for $74.99 shipped. Not too bad for five films. The Harry Potter set lists at $110.95 there by comparison.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Has WHV worked out their order fulfillment issues? I got pretty aggravated with them 6 months ago.

I might just have to take a leap of faith and go for it at that price. At $75 for the set that's $15 for each title, I'd have to be a flaming idiot to pass that up.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I agree about the cardboard. It going to take a special series for me to accept digipaks again. I'm so sick of having to buy cases and print out covers for this stuff. Just give us the discs in standard blu-ray cases. I'll buy this in cases to replace the previous DVD snappers, I won't if the bluray set comes in digipak.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Has it been confirmed whether or not the first Dirty Harry film will come in the "book" packaging inside the boxset itself?

I see that you get a "40 page hardcover book" with the Ultimate Gift Set, I hope that's the book packaging - it's kind-of hard to tell from the picture on DVDTimes whether the book is or isn't the Blu-ray case?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks