What's new
World Wide Stereo

Did HDTV prices just fall off a cliff? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've found the Pioneer Kuro 50" is 40% off MSRP at Amazon. Similar pricing is available at BestBuy and other retailers. Similar discounts for Panasonic, Samsung, etc. are advertised.

Is this an unusually good time to buy a TV, or do such prices come around more than once a year? A new TV is tempting, though not budgeted. If this is the best price I'm going to see for 12 months, well, maybe I can't afford to save this much? Or maybe I should stop looking at TV prices
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

728x90

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'm guessing it has a lot to do w/ the current state of the economy pushing the industry to slash prices more deeply than in the past (on top of the usual holiday shopping season discounts, technology lifecycle discounts, etc). No idea whether you'll still see the same kind of prices 12 months from now though (for the next year's holiday season) -- well, I'd think the prices for similar items won't be any higher 12 months from now (w/ some fluctuations in between), but there are no guarantees of course.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks