What's new

Did anyone play sports in College? (1 Viewer)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wanted to play football but there isn't much demand for a 185 pound offensive tackle. The small college I went to was NAIA div 1 back then and the offensive line averaged about 275 pounds each.

-Robert

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I played club hockey. My older brother played D1 hockey for Northeastern and my younger brother played D3 for a combination team from Wentworth, Emmerson and some other school.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I played a bunch of sports in College, though not necessarily for the college.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I played intramural table tennis, and informal pickup tennis games. I've also dabbled in Badminton and football..

Jay

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I didn't, but my daughter did. All those years of driving her to soccer practice paid off.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was mainly into intramurals (flag football, softball). Played a lot of tennis as well. I also played my share of pick-up games in basketball inside the student athletic complex, and outside on the top of the parking decks. I ended up in a pick-up game with Dennis Scott and a back-up guard one time (for 5-on-5 full court), and I couldn't believe how fast those guys were (and Dennis wasn't known to be fast) in terms of reaction times, dribbling through people, passing, etc. Dennis even fed me an assist (which I didn't miss, a layout) as I didn't quite make it down to the defense side of the court, and a turnover occured, so I ended up near our basket and was served up with a dish.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Though my freshman year Football and Rugby playing roommate disagreed it was a sport, I proudly served as the Coxswain for the varsity Ithaca College Crew team after failing to make the team as a rower.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The USA Sevens rugby championships were on ABC yesterday afternoon. It used to be an Olympic sport and they're trying to bring it back.

Interestingly, the US won the last two gold medals in the sport -- in 1920 and 1924!

I played intramural floor hockey in grad school.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Didn't Crawdaddy play football in college?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Ha! I actually dared him to try it, but he never did. He kept saying he'd try rowing if I tried Rugby.....I was 5' 2", and all of 140 pounds. Like I was going to try Rugby. :crazy:

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I wrestled folkstyle for my college's club team in the late 90s. We sucked pretty bad (well three guys out of the 8 were actually quite good) but we had a lot of fun anyway. Tore the cartlidge(sp) in my rib cage once during those years, sheesh I didn't know you used that cartlidge that much! Simple things like sitting down and just laughing almost brought tears to my eyes the first week after it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks