What's new

Diablo Series (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Been busy as heck IRL but managed to get the campaign complete and credits to roll 72 hoursish after launch. Level 45.5, did quite a few side quests and got a lot of the map opened up. Will break into world tier 3 tomorrow ezpz if my memory of the capstone dungeon from closed beta holds up. Then it’s on to the fun stuffs :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Mmmm diablo….
IMG_1196.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
@Sam Posten Not Diablo IV specific, but how are you liking the Aly? Been keeping an eye on it. If I hadn't bought a Switch and own a PS5 I would have gotten one.
Had it for less than a day. Spent most of the day doing firmware updates. Web reports said firmware is killing 30% performance but I have nothing to compare it to. I beat a d4 world boss at 60+ fps so good so far, I guess?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Season 1 details to premiere on Thursday.

I hit 81 on this build:

I got my moneys worth pre season and will continue to grind slowly. And then go all in on s1

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Might do this next season

I think the build looks fun but I'm not a big fan of D4 builds that require a specific drop (in this case Glacial). It's fine in D3 where it's relatively easy to farm, but I haven't had much luck targeting drops in D4. Still, if I get lucky I'll pivot my sorc to blizzard.

Right now I'm bouncing back and forth between Tornado Druid and Sorc (Arc Lash or Firewall, unless I snag Glacial). Since I won't get to play until Friday afternoon, I'll have the benefit of the community "opinion" on builds using the seasonal mechanic. Might be a game day decision on build.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
To be clear I’m not going to do that for leveling. I’m going to arc lash to 50 then transition to that build or another strong one for end game.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
To be clear I’m not going to do that for leveling. I’m going to arc lash to 50 then transition to that build or another strong one for end game.
I liked the tankiness of Arc Lash even at 50-70-ish. Good enough for me to chill and listen to music or watch Twitch on a second monitor without needing my entire attention. Maybe I'll get lucky on drops. I would like to try the blizzard build.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Hey Diablo experts,

The player base is melting down after the last patch. People who play the game are very upset. I'm still early in the campaign (Act 2 at WT1). Should wait to jump into Season 1 until they fix whatever they broke? i.e. Is this a real disaster or is it one of those complex balancing acts where it's too early to tell? And do you think Blizzard will reverse the changes they made?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I liked the tankiness of Arc Lash even at 50-70-ish. Good enough for me to chill and listen to music or watch Twitch on a second monitor without needing my entire attention. Maybe I'll get lucky on drops. I would like to try the blizzard build.
Updated leveling build taking Nerfs into account:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Diablo experts,

The player base is melting down after the last patch. People who play the game are very upset. I'm still early in the campaign (Act 2 at WT1). Should wait to jump into Season 1 until they fix whatever they broke? i.e. Is this a real disaster or is it one of those complex balancing acts where it's too early to tell? And do you think Blizzard will reverse the changes they made?

You need to finish campaign before doing seasons. I’d finish campaignnasap and jump to season fresh at the start. They will either fix this or the game will fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks