What's new

Desperate for Speaker Advice (1 Viewer)

John S.D.

Auditioning
Hello,

I am very new to the forum, and am counting on everyones expertise. I am in the process of designing my multi- purpose home theater. It will be located in my finished lower level but will not be a dedicated theater room. The room is very open to the billiard area and wet bar.

I am stuck on a speaker choice

I have been "directed" to the Nautilus 804's ($3200) With a Center HTM2. The rear speakers would be 2- 8" in ceiling speakers.

In short, I am looking for a lower cost alternative. They will probably be used for movies (85%) and music (15%). The receiver recommended was an Integra DTR 8.4.

Will this be enough to drive those speakers??

I just don't know enough to make an informed decision, and the choices are overwhelming.

I hope I have provided enough information for some help.
(I am looking at an Integra DPS 8.3 DVD and a Sharpvision 10000 with a Firehawk screen just in case it matters.)

Thanks so much for your help...John

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
If you like B&W, try listening to the 700 series or even the 600 series. Some other nice speakers are made by Paradigm, Infinity, Definitive Technology, just to name a few of the lines out there. Just pick what sounds right for you in your price range.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks