What's new

Denon, Rotel or Marantz (1 Viewer)

My Rotel RSX-1065 AV-receiver has some flaws that make me consider to look for a replacement.

I'm thinking of Marantz SR-9200, Denon AVC-A1SR or Denon AVC-A11SR.

Important for me is ofcourse a top of the bill surround sound. But also hi-fi quality stereosound.
I'm currently still using Rotel's RC-995 with RB-990BX for my stereo, but would like to combine it all in one superb piece of equipment.

What's your opinion sound quality wise, should I stick to my Rotel combination (1065/995/990) or should I go for Denon or Marantz.

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Arnold
I just went from a Marantz 7200 to a Rotel 1055 and I can tell you that it is better than the Marantz.
As far as Denon. ????
What was the prob with 1065?

Yogi

Screenwriter
I agree with Richard. Go separates for the price you are willing to pay I woundn't settle for anything less. Get the AVM 20 or the Ref 50 when it comes out. You will be much happier.

I'll stick to my combo. According to a German magazine (Stereoplay) the rsx-1065 is on surround equall to the AVC-A1SR (5803) and in stereo even better. And it is a really beauty, I'll just have to trust that Rotel with fix the issues.
On stereo my rc-995/rb-990bx combo is a beauty. No need to replace.

Real Name
stephenrabinowitz
For home theater I just replaced my B&K Ref 20 with an Outlaw 950 & could not be more happier. The B&K was more laid back & can hear slight sounds in movies with the Outlaw that was not present with the B&K. I am using an ATI 1505 with Klipsch Ref 20's C-7 & C-6 surronds.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
To be honest, i haven't finished my comparison, but I think my rotel 1055, mated with B&W 605s2's, is a tad too warm and muddy.

but that could be me.

Rich

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Rich
I have no idea what interconnects you are using but may I suggest some modestly priced Kimber PBJs between your CD and reciever. These cables are fairly cheap and quite detailed in comparison to most cheap or even some expensive cables.
I did some A/Bs with cheap cables and these PBJs and the difference was immediate and obvious.
Just a sugestion.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks