What's new

Denon AVR-3300-no sound from sub...HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

RichB

Grip
I just had my HT setup re-installed and I can't get any sound from my sub whatsoever. I have a Boston PV-600 ( I think that's the model number) and I have a Denon AVR-3300 receiver. I seem to remember having trouble the first time I set up the receiver, but I can't remember what the solution was. I have the Receiver settings set to subwoofer-yes and LFE. Any ideas?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just in case: Have you checked the connection between the Denon and the subwoofer to make sure it's securely in place? And, assuming the Boston Acoustics sub is a powered unit, is its amplifier switched on?

RichB

Grip
That was it. Loose connection. Thanks! Now any advice on setting the crossover frequency and LFE as opposed LFE+Main?

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Depends what speakers are used for the 5 main channels.
In most cases 5 small+sub on is the best.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
LFE+Main is a subwoofer mode that sends both LFE from sources that have it (5.1/6.1 DVD, sometimes satellite and digital cable if they have 5.1) and the bass that goes to the front mains if they have been set to "Large".

The 3300's crossover is 80Hz so IMO, you don't want to set the sub's crossover any lower than that. IMO, I'd set it at it's highest setting or turn it off (If the sub allows.)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Once you've got those settings done, there is also an LFE volume setting for both DD and DTS modes that are accessible from the menu system on the AVR-3300. Make sure those aren't set on -10 or something so low, you can't hear the bass.

Peace,

DM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks