What's new

Denon 5803 Sub Problems - Help! (1 Viewer)

Jon Krangel

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a 5803 on friday, and upon hooking it up I noticed very peculiar behavior from my sub. I have not gotten a chance to extensively test this, but it seems as if my sub's volume is fixed at a very hgh level. Adjusting the Denon's volume knob affects all speakers, excpet the sub. For instance, when in TUNER mode, I can turn the volume all the way down, and I can still hear the sub playing the radio. The same happends while playing a DD DVD. I also noticed that none of the menu controlls for the subwoofer affect it. Even more strange, when playing the test tones (where the reciever mutes the current input) the sub continues to play sound from the currently selected input!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Are you getting a hum from your sub? You might have a ground-loop problem?

What kind of sub do you have?

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Sounds like the crossover for the SUB amp or the setting for the LFE/SUB out is set incorrectly.

Just my .02 cents

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
It does sound like there is something wrong with either the volume on the sub itself or the crossover is crossed way to high if you hearing voices through the sub.

Jon Krangel

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not exactly getting a hum, the sound coming from the sub is normal - but the volume of it does not rise or fall when the volume knob on the reciever is adjusted. I have a Klipsch KSW-12, and it has worked fine for the past year with my old Onkyo 797. With the Onkyo, I could set the sub's volume controll (on the back of the sub) to 5 out of 10. If I were to set the sub that high now, it would be WAY too loud.

James Elvick

Supporting Actor
Hey Joe,
Where you going with that gun in your hand?:D Not to be condescending, are your certain the sub cable is hooked up to the sub out and not one of the other pre-outs?
James

PaulKH

Second Unit
Really sounds like you have it connected to a multi-room output which is why source/volume don't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks