What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 2910 dvd-audio question (1 Viewer)

I do not own many dvd-audio discs, but I am having trouble getting my 2910 to recognize the "dvd-audio" layer of a few discs.

Everything seems to be hooked up correctly (5.1 out cables from player etc.) and I do not have a problem listing to the various layers of any sacd.

My copy of "On The Beach" seems to play back in dvd-audio, but I have copies of "Harvest" and "Sea Change" that will only playback the DD or DTS layer. I can't find a way to get the 2910 to recognize the dvd-a portion.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

728x90

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Usually there is a priority setting on DVD-Audio players in the setup menu. Be sure to check that the Denon is set to read DVD-Audio information first (in priority).

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I thought of that, but the 2910 has little to no info in the setup referencing dvd-audio. It has a bit for sacd (including the ability to use the remote to specifically select multi, steroe or cd layers).

The only section I found reading the manual again at work is an area to access to give priority to audio over video, but it sounds like I would have no access to the video portion of the dvd-audio disc.

I will give it a try.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks