What's new

Denon 1910 (1 Viewer)

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Is the 1910 the same as the 755s from ABC. Seems to be.
We have a Denon 925s from ABC which is the same as 2805.

Thinking of either the Denon or the LG318. We have a Hitachi 51s715, using 5.1 set up with Paradigms.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 755S is the same as the 1910. For reference the 555S is the same as the 1710 and the 955S is the same as the 2910.

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply.
I just went to past threads and read alot about the 1910 not helping pq much on some set ups.
Our Hitachi is a crt, therefore analog? If we can only upconvert through dvi will this cause problems, or at the very least have little effect on pq?
Looking for the lg318. Unable to locate and worried if I get on a list, the new model will upconvert from dvi only also.
Talking to some sales reps, they say there is no real upconverting done, it's just guess converting. They say what I should look for is better readers.
Are there other options if unable to find lg318 component and if 1910 dosen't make much difference.
Trying to stay in the 200-300 range, is this possible?
If not what are we looking at?

Just wondering if component is the best for crt analog signal, why do they put a hdmi input on it?

Please reply to first part. We realy want to upgrade our $40 dvd player. Second part just came to mind.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
DVI should still reduce the number of D-A and A-D conversions to a single D-A conversion by the TV. W/ component video most TVs do a A-D conversion, scale the image to 540p or 1080i, then do another D-A conversion to send the info to the CRTs (all this on top of the D-A conversion at the player). 4 conversions as opposed to 1, that's alot of opportunities for the PQ to be compromised. DVI can make a PQ increase on analog sets, whether it will is to be seen and requires you to buy and decide if it has and return if it hasn't.

You may want to look at the Panasonic S97 and new Sony HDMI players in your price range as well as the 1910 from Denon.

George Bir

Stunt Coordinator
What would your opinion be on looking at better readers or upconverting dvds. The upconverters seem to all have the faroudja's, are these about the best readers I'll get for 200-300 range?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
well the only real step up from the sub-$300 players is the Denon 2910 that comes in around $700, so it's a big step up. The 2910 hasn't been tested by Secrets yet but it supposedly uses the same video circuitry as the 3910. Whether the stellar performance is the same I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks